All Black Flock

My AC cross girls have the most beautiful neck feathers that look pointed, but they’re definitely girls. Fingers crossed for you.

My girls are barred rock cross AC and two of the three are laying daily (small eggs) and one has only layed two huge eggs in the past two weeks, so the good laying has apparently passed on to two hens and the lack of laying has passed to one
Id call that a succesful start on that cross. It may take a few more crosses to work it through but seems like youre on to something!

Id call that a succesful start on that cross. It may take a few more crosses to work it through but seems like youre on to something!
It was an unintentional cross between a gorgeous mystery rooster (which turned out to be an AC) and a little BR hen, when the rooster flew the coop and got eaten by dogs I collected the eggs for a week and got his progeny, thank gods. It was a sexlink cross resulting in black hens and barred roosters. So When I breed them I’m hoping to get some black roosters to cross back to the F1 generation Hens. But now I’m in love with the barred Ayam cemani look also
916FC6F5-0797-4A8F-8C45-7C357BDB0BB2.jpeg

It was an unintentional cross between a gorgeous mystery rooster (which turned out to be an AC) and a little BR hen, when the rooster flew the coop and got eaten by dogs I collected the eggs for a week and got his progeny, thank gods. It was a sexlink cross resulting in black hens and barred roosters. So When I breed them I’m hoping to get some black roosters to cross back to the F1 generation Hens. But now I’m in love with the barred Ayam cemani look alsoView attachment 2389903
Thats a beautiful bird!

These are all beautiful birds, but - View attachment 2389908

why isn’t anyone talking about Crevecoeurs, some of the very coolest black chickens ever? Granted, you’ll probably never get a dark egg from them, but if you’re going for a black bird, here you go!View attachment 2389905
These are beautiful! But I’m hoping for fibromelanistic birds, mine don’t really have black skin, but my hens do have black feet, beaks and combs, their brothers have marbled black n red combs and black and yellow shanks. Crossing them back and or maybe getting a fibro Roo is the future plan

My AC cross girls have the most beautiful neck feathers that look pointed, but they’re definitely girls. Fingers crossed for you.

My girls are barred rock cross AC and two of the three are laying daily (small eggs) and one has only layed two huge eggs in the past two weeks, so the good laying has apparently passed on to two hens and the lack of laying has passed to one

Mine also all have a bit more of a bulge on their combs, but I guess I can still hope too Lol

Back
Top Bottom