All Black Flock

Check this little one out
EA5EC072-B2EF-4287-9B75-DA0E173D1B9D.jpeg
getting white lace! And this other ac cross is pretty cute
4DFFB9EE-9EA3-4AA1-8627-708A2FFF13E0.jpeg

So far, my Black Penedesenca plan has failed. The breeder I bought them from on here either has a very flawed line or he's mixing breeds/varieties. Most did not survive to hatch day on both incubation periods, the first two that survived were weak from the beginning and randomly died. The second hatch resulted in a pullet that laid eggs almost the same shade as my Ayam Cemani, very light brown, and was the weakest of my entire flock. Always looked sickly. One of the two roos doesn't have a Carnatian comb and the other has white feathers mixed into the black that never went away as well as the fact that he is now exhibiting blood red feathers under/in his wings that he didn't even used to have.

I am picking up some exceptional quality Black Marans that lay almost as dark as the breeder's Black Copper Marans, but still darker than many other people's BCMs...Very excited to get them, especially after throwing away well over $100 on a severely flawed line of Penes...

I will post pictures of them when I get them and as they grow as well.

I had the intention of having an all black flock, which I will still be doing, but I may also start on a Lavender flock as well...My initial plan was to aim for a solid black Olive Egger, to perfect, but I may aim for the same as a Lavender Olive Egger and see where that gets me as well Lol Gray is a shade of black, right? 😏

77103E60-54E9-40D2-9F20-0E89C48208A4.jpeg
I’m in love with this dude! Not really in my plans though. I want to have a barred crested flock of Easter eggers and a black created flock of Easter eggers to make sex linked crested Easter eggers.and a bantam flock to brood

Attachments

• 6D778A41-EA96-4E6E-B12A-AFBD5616BDCD.jpeg
    6D778A41-EA96-4E6E-B12A-AFBD5616BDCD.jpeg
    411.3 KB · Views: 1
  • AD7B7E9A-90EE-443E-A66F-D41D27649483.jpeg
    AD7B7E9A-90EE-443E-A66F-D41D27649483.jpeg
    540.8 KB · Views: 1
So far, my Black Penedesenca plan has failed. The breeder I bought them from on here either has a very flawed line or he's mixing breeds/varieties. Most did not survive to hatch day on both incubation periods, the first two that survived were weak from the beginning and randomly died. The second hatch resulted in a pullet that laid eggs almost the same shade as my Ayam Cemani, very light brown, and was the weakest of my entire flock. Always looked sickly. One of the two roos doesn't have a Carnatian comb and the other has white feathers mixed into the black that never went away as well as the fact that he is now exhibiting blood red feathers under/in his wings that he didn't even used to have.

I am picking up some exceptional quality Black Marans that lay almost as dark as the breeder's Black Copper Marans, but still darker than many other people's BCMs...Very excited to get them, especially after throwing away well over $100 on a severely flawed line of Penes...

I will post pictures of them when I get them and as they grow as well.

I had the intention of having an all black flock, which I will still be doing, but I may also start on a Lavender flock as well...My initial plan was to aim for a solid black Olive Egger, to perfect, but I may aim for the same as a Lavender Olive Egger and see where that gets me as well Lol Gray is a shade of black, right? 😏
Ah, or is black a shade of gray?

Anyway. Sorry about your losses. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom