All in the coop and mommy is lonely

mistylady

Songster
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Ohio near Coshocton
The babies (9 weeks old) went in the coop today. I just finished talking to them. They are in two rabbit cages (2 roos in a cage and 4 hens in the other) and the cages are tucked under the roosting/dropping platform. No one can land on the cages. The roos have three protected sides and the hens have two. The roos are thrilled. Bruce (the bigger one) has been crowing for thirty minutes. The baby hennys aren't quite so happy but they have each other for comfort. I think they will be fine. They can't be pecked. They have fresh water and lots of food and I'll be back down there in a little while to visit. But I miss the chicken sounds in the basement.

I wanted to thank everyone for all the help on all my previous chicken questions! You guys/gals are great!

I have a solution.

Wireless internet + laptop + lawn chair next to the cages...
big_smile.png
Then you can post on BYC while sitting with your chickens.

That would be great! I do think I'll take a chair out this afternoon and chat with the girls! The big hens pecked the babies through the cage until the babies figured out to move back from the wire. This morning they are all well and happy! I let the older chickens out in the run and petted the babies!

Is there a feed that all of the chickens can eat at once?

Back
Top Bottom