All My Chickens..... a coop opera!

Pics
Good morning folks :frow

Hmm... I am tempted to try one, but I dont know if Safeway carries them....
Safeway used to have them in both the fresh fish counter and frozen... But I'm uncertain how they will taste. For both pre-cooked and fresh I like the cajun grocer. You'll also want to watch a few youtub videos on how to pinch the tails. I'm going to ask for WhoDat's help shrinking my recipe below.
I can't wait to head your way and try them! We catch them in coldwater lakes and streams here. We boil them in salted water and serve them with butter, they are really good fixed that way. I really want to try them the way you all cook them, I'm sure it's 900% better!
See the Cajun grocer above
Sorry, I had fallen asleep sitting up on the couch when you sent this. It was pretty late for me.
:frow Good morning Bob, have a great day

WhoDat, help me shrink my recipe to something for two...

40 qt pot
4-5 onions quartered
20 heads of garlic
20 pounds of new potatoes
15 ears of corn cut in half
2 pints of whole baby bella mushrooms
20 or so Jalapenos cut in half lengthwise
5lbs Andouille Sausage sliced
8 oz crab boil liquid (yup I double things)
2 packs of Zatarans 16oz for the water plus another two for the use after cooking
40lbs of mudbugs

I put everything but the mudbugs in the pot, fill with water, bring it to a boil and boil until potatoes are tender. Carefully remove the basket to avoid losing liquid, empty the basket into a big cooler and sprinkle with seasoning. Close the cooler and return the basket to the pot. Bring the water back to a boil, add the mud bugs, stir cover and turn the fire off. Let set for five minutes then remove the mudbugs add them to the cooler, sprinkle more seasoning over them, stir toss or shake. Line table with news paper and dump cooler onto the news paper. We serve in coke flats. Serves about 15 people.

Why can't you sit with them? You need to make that happen.
The space they are in is very tight! For days I would climb through a makeshift “door” in a squatting position to catch them and put them in every night😩... you should have seen me try to back out of said space!! I’d come out of there pretty impressed with my 53 year old self!😆 AND what I do for my chickens 🤦‍♀️

I can't wait to head your way and try them! We catch them in coldwater lakes and streams here. We boil them in salted water and serve them with butter, they are really good fixed that way. I really want to try them the way you all cook them, I'm sure it's 900% better!
I will most definitely agree with this!!! I honestly don’t think I’d like them your way at all 🤢.... no offense... I just can’t imagine them any other way!

Back
Top Bottom