All My Chickens..... a coop opera!

Pics
Hey... when Sydney was setting on her eggs did you have to take her off the nest so she could/would go eat and drink? I don’t think Sunny moves unless I move her🤷🏼‍♀️
Today I was checking under her cuz I wanted to see if my egg was cracked like my other one and two eggs came rolling out from under her wings😄.... they really tuck them in all places! She has nine eggs!
Two are mine... long shot!
Three from my neighbor... should be good!
Four from my friend... should only be two but she washed two of them without thinking and so then got me two others that have been inside since yesterday... soooo, have no idea what’ll work there... but I just went ahead and put all of them.. so we’ll see what I got next week when I try flash lighting 😄
I did not. Sydney came off on her own every day.

I did not. Sydney came off on her own every day.
🤔hmmmmmm.... I took her off again this morning and watched until she went back to lay just to make sure she went back to the eggs... she did! Yesterday she did not🤦‍♀️... I think I’m gonna close off my old section of the coop so she can just stay put until hatch... cuz I wonder, if I weren’t there and someone decided to use her nest to lay their egg then she probably would’ve just went to any other nest and the eggs may have been left for too long! 🤷🏼‍♀️..... This is new so I’m sure I’m worrying too much!

Here’s the old section before we added on... its plenty spacious and I can watch the babies easy once they hatch... the only problem with this is.. when I integrate Daisy and the gang they won’t have anywhere to sleep without protection! This has come in so handy and is perfect for what I integrate!! So I may have to think on this...
2673D421-C900-4DE0-AE7F-14E0128FF6C0.jpeg

:frowGood morning WhoDat, have a great day... We had a mix of rain, snow and ice this morning but nothing stuck. It was 82 yesterday.
I know! The weather has been crazy! March and April have been in the top five for our wettest months in history!! I sure hope this won’t continue to be the trend!!

:frowGood morning WhoDat, have a great day... We had a mix of rain, snow and ice this morning but nothing stuck. It was 82 yesterday.
Goodness - I thought snow was behind us. Cold front coming in tonight but I think it will remain just above freezing. Which is just as well as I just packed the heated waterer away for the season!

Goodness - I thought snow was behind us. Cold front coming in tonight but I think it will remain just above freezing. Which is just as well as I just packed the heated waterer away for the season!
Now that is funny. My water heater is unplugged but still in use. I was about to pack it away this weekend but the cat trip prevented it from happening.

Back
Top Bottom