All My Chickens..... a coop opera!

Pics
Last edited:
Oh! And here’s some Louisiana excitement.. this was right across the street from my house in my neighbors yard! He sent me these pics.. we went over there to see but the alligator had went down his culvert... they called some peeps to come get it out... they did get it! Said it was about six feet... 😳View attachment 2648334View attachment 2648335
Oh boy! Be careful, ‘gators like chicken. :eek:

What kind of straw or hay do you use in your run?
Hey there!! Good to “see” you 😁
I usually don’t use that in the run... it is really just for the nests and has been fabulous! I’ll toss it out on the ground when I have extra or whatever... I had put a bunch down though for the babies when they were in their section for them to sleep on.. but anyway.. I think it’s just cut long grass... grass hay... I did buy it in a big bale... I really love it in the nests cuz it’s so cute😄

Hey there!! Good to “see” you 😁
I usually don’t use that in the run... it is really just for the nests and has been fabulous! I’ll toss it out on the ground when I have extra or whatever... I had put a bunch down though for the babies when they were in their section for them to sleep on.. but anyway.. I think it’s just cut long grass... grass hay... I did buy it in a big bale... I really love it in the nests cuz it’s so cute😄
It is actually “pretty” and it looks to be soft.

It is actually “pretty” and it looks to be soft.
It is very soft... and smells nice!
Here it is in the nests... and I use it inside too! The second pic still had shavings underneath... they only have all hay now...
A3BA774A-07B7-4EB1-98AF-55BD6A6FF423.jpeg
4DD3BAD8-2C28-4CEC-A5D7-7D5FBC55FD7D.jpeg
0751E547-4A75-4B0D-B7B2-9A1CB8807375.jpeg

Well here they are... they figured it out on their own tonight... I had to put them there the last two nights but that’s it! 💕 Minnie was trying to figure out how to get over to the other side... I have it blocked off so the bigs don’t harass them... I’ll wait till they are little bigger to open it and let them try...
FC018D75-AF5F-4877-9531-B8013DF3BCEB.jpeg
5808CB49-1028-4010-803A-09D5184DE49B.jpeg

Well here they are... they figured it out on their own tonight... I had to put them there the last two nights but that’s it! 💕 Minnie was trying to figure out how to get over to the other side... I have it blocked off so the bigs don’t harass them... I’ll wait till they are little bigger to open it and let them try... View attachment 2652003View attachment 2652004
Success! :clap :clap :clap :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom