All My Chickens..... a coop opera!

Here is Nikki, the Siamese!
He may have had a stroke, because he seems to be paralyzed in his hind legs.

I have been tending to his care, and giving him as much comfort as possible.
FFEF8C3E-E99A-4985-8770-AB9C33E20995.jpeg
AF18308E-F820-4796-B30D-BFCB53AFCCE0.jpeg

I have been tending to his care, and giving him as much comfort as possible. View attachment 2773572View attachment 2773574
Did it happen suddenly? If so, it is likely a saddle embolus which has cut off the arteries to his legs. It is not uncommon in older cats and I hate to say it but you should take him to the vet as he may be in pain. :(

Did it happen suddenly? If so, it is likely a saddle embolus which has cut off the arteries to his legs. It is not uncommon in older cats and I hate to say it but you should take him to the vet as he may be in pain. :(
My aunt came to my mother at four in the morning, (I was asleep at that time), as she went outside to bring him in, but found him unable to move.
I read into that condition, I think that may be it, but then again, kidneys usually hit first in cats. (He is around 13)
We have done what we can for now. We just hope he goes down the right, comfortable path.:)

He seems pretty comfortable, so I don't think he is in too much pain. But it's my aunt's cat, so we are leaving her to make the decision of that.

Last edited:

I have been tending to his care, and giving him as much comfort as possible. View attachment 2773572View attachment 2773574
Aawww, sha... poor thing😞
I feel for him cuz my best dog ever developed disc disease and became paralyzed in his hind legs... it was so awful.. he was in a ton pain! I wish I would have known the outcome because I would have put him down first thing.. but he was only four and we tried everything and my husband was gonna make the little wheels for him to walk... as time went on he was no longer in pain (he was actually only in pain right at the beginning) but he never did gain control over his bowels and he would have to sleep in a box with pine shavings cuz he’d potty all over himself every night.. so as his quality of life was poor we decided to put him down... that was five years ago.. I still cry over that dog 😢

I feel for him cuz my best dog ever developed disc disease and became paralyzed in his hind legs... it was so awful.. he was in a ton pain! I wish I would have known the outcome because I would have put him down first thing.. but he was only four and we tried everything and my husband was gonna make the little wheels for him to walk... as time went on he was no longer in pain (he was actually only in pain right at the beginning) but he never did gain control over his bowels and he would have to sleep in a box with pine shavings cuz he’d potty all over himself every night.. so as his quality of life was poor we decided to put him down... that was five years ago.. I still cry over that dog 😢
:hugsThey get into our hearts

Good morning WhoDat and everyone :frow

What a pretty boy 😞, hoping for him to be pain free :hugs

So sorry, even after all this time :hugs. MJ is right, they sure do get into our hearts 💗

Back
Top Bottom