All my chickens, ducks are dead!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the last post. I have heard that weasels grab them by the neck and just suck the blood, but do not eat them. The thought of humans doing this just doesn't even make sense. Do some research into weasels and see if you likely have them around. They can get in the tiniest of openings. Sorry this happened to you.

I am so very sorry this has happened to you, it is everybody's worst fear. My deepest sympathies.

My Neighbor told me last night, that he got out of chickens because one morning he un-locked his coop and found most of them dead.

He checked all over for open cracks or holes , none to be found.

The next morning he un-locked the coop and found the rest dead, not eaten, just dead. Then a Mink leaped at him, he knocked it to the ground and killed it (didn't ask how).

He figured the mink was coming into the coop before dusk and he was actually locking the Mink in at night.

He really liked his chickens and it is touching to see a 200 pound Logger get tears in his eyes over his deceased chickens.
sad.png

Last edited:
Wow. If it was human as you suggested, then you must have made some enemies. So sorry to hear that you have ticked people off to take such revenge on you.

Quote:
Wow, did you mean that as rude as it sounds?
sad.png

How was I rude? I didn't killl her chickens. However, she must have ticked off someone to do such a thing according to her words.

Quote:
I am devastated. I haven't stopped crying. I went to say good morning to my friends and found them all dead and scattered along the floor of my chicken coop. I thought I took all precautions to keep them safe. I had them housed in a coop with a concrete floor a metal roof and a locked door with two pygmy goats that were raised with them for protection. I opened the door and found them all slaughtered. 7 chickens and 3 ducks. Beautiful silkies, crested polands and drakes, my babies are all gone. Looks like their necks were broken, none were eaten or taken away, just killed and left. What in heaven or on earth could have done this and how did they get in? I live in rural West Virginia. I can only think of human predators but if there is any other animal that can get into a locked building, please let me know. I don't know what to do. I am so depressed.

Chris

Say what, numnuts?

Woops. I got this thread mixed up with another. Sorry.

ETA: Watch the language
smack.gif

Last edited:
I think maybe the goats did it...seems like the work of a dog but if a dog or other predator could not possibly have gotten in it has to be the goats.

I doubt a psycho person would kill the chickens and ducks and not the goats too.

So sorry for your losses.
hugs.gif

This happened to a long-time friend whose hens were all killed by a possum. The possum sneaked into her hen house and when she locked the girls in at night she locked the possum in with them. They're sneaky little devils -- like that mink mentioned by BlackBart.

I'm so sorry for your devastating loss. It just doesn't get any worse than this.

Big Hugs,
Jenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom