All my chickens, ducks are dead!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hugs.gif
I'm so very sorry.
hugs.gif

Do you think you could post a picture to see if the members here could see something that maybe you're missing? Maybe a loose piece of wood, or tin. A small opening from a rat or something? Or maybe whatever predator was accidentally locked in with the poultry and that's how they were killed?

I'm so sorry. I just can't imagine the pain.

Quote:
Wow, did you mean that as rude as it sounds?
sad.png

How was I rude? I didn't killl her chickens. However, she must have ticked off someone to do such a thing according to her words.

that is not necessarily true. she could live next to mentally disturbed people, drug addicts or obnoxious hooligans daring each other to do stupid things for all you know. it is impolite to assume she must have done something evil enough to cause a stranger to kill her chickens over spite.

OMG, how devistating. I have had a bird or two attacked and killed. That was before I upgraded my birds to a cement floor and an OSB roof. And it always has to be the favorite bird who gets killed.

Nothing like your though. I guess I must be lucky then...coyote, skunk, chicken hawlks, bobcats all out here and I have been lucky this year.

I am sorry, I feel your pain.

Remember, and ending does not have to be an ending. It can be a new
beginning. I would say first, figure out why they died and if a critter breached your coupe, adjust you coupe. Good luck to you, hope to hear from you again someday.

It really sounds like a human predator be it adult ot youth, it needs to be dealt with. Call the authorities. Look for a mink, ermine or weasel. Were there any wounds on them? I am so so sorry about your babies. I would be devastated.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Dogs are natural predators of chickens. Some dogs play birds to death, but given the chance, a dog will kill a chicken in a heartbeat - it is their nature.

Your loss does not sound like that of a canine, however, and I agree that it could be possible that a predator got locked up with the chickens after dark, if your coop is as secure as posted.

Many hugs, so sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom