All Pullets?

Hello everyone! I am new to chickens but have been around and raised animals my whole life. I recently received 4 beautiful Brahma mixed pullets (I hope). I have some concerns that a couple of them could be roo’s in disguise. My concern is that these chickens are getting a lot of attention from my children and would hate to put the time, effort, and emotions into something that doesn’t end up producing any fruits from the labor. Any chance those of you in this community could help ease my concerns?
This other bird may be a pullet, or a slower maturing cockerel. The splatchy coloring says cockerel, so I doubt its a pullet. But it is slowere to mature for its age.
He’s got a bunch of saddle feathers.
08D4AE7E-3BC7-4E35-A28E-5692F412DFC3.jpeg

Do you think it’s too soon to get rid of the 3 and get 3 new “Pullets” or should I wait to be “more” sure? I’m not trying to be cruel by any means but I don’t want any roosters and would like my Pullets acclimated before winter hits.

Do you think it’s too soon to get rid of the 3 and get 3 new “Pullets” or should I wait to be “more” sure? I’m not trying to be cruel by any means but I don’t want any roosters and would like my Pullets acclimated before winter hits.
Nope, not too late. I would get more as soon as possible. Also that doesn’t sound cruel, not many people want so many roosters.

I want to thank everyone that replied. I appreciate your expertise and advice. I am making arrangements for the 3 cockerels and working to get my hands on 3 new Pullets about the same age. I’ll post up the new ladies once I get them.

Back
Top Bottom