All Set for January 4th (Its over...)

I'm a bit worried, the ladies seemed to be off their nests more then usual today. I saw the out in their run twice. And usually I only see them off of it once to eat here and there... I'm afraid they are getting to antsy!??!

Cross your fingers...
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

Come on Jan 4th!
fl.gif
Don't quit on me!!! I know I am expecting way to much from them, but they are silkies... they can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Oh no Oh no... my white girl, Muppet, has quit sitting... she's given up! I found them cool this morning, and had to slide them under my other girl. Now she has to do 8 all by herself
sad.png
I'm so bummed!!!!
hmm.png

Quote:
Crapola! Muppet needs a talking to how dare she after 60+ days on sitting and killing herself for eggs that she get up to stretch !!! Man 5 more days. Hope that other broody has a big fat butt!! LOL>>>>

So far little Ms. Fillet is handling them all by herself. Muppet decided to sit for a little longer... but she is staying off the nest longer and longer now. I feel so bad for making them sit so long. But we're looking at 3 days now. So Fillet may be able to pull it off by herself, and I'm sure Muppet will still mama some of them depending on how many make it. I went out today and checked on them... everyone was happy and fat. I put extra bowls in the coop with some by the nesting boxes for the broodies. They are pretty happy and healthy from what I see.

So I am way hopeful still!
cool.png

I'm being a nervous Nilly here! I've checked 3 times today and NOTHING! ARGH!

I did listen to one of the silkie eggs and I heard a "tap tap tap" inside. It just scares me because it was 11 degrees last night... and another cold one tonight.

Mama will keep them warm I hope, fingers and toes crossed for some fuzzy butts in the morning!
fl.gif

Quote:
your killing me! Silly nothing! your being a good mommy-I get that way everytime...hopefully we get good news and pictures today-
smile.png

I checked this morning when I went to get all the ICE out of everyone's water. Brought out some hot water jugs to heat things up in the coop. Sadly, not a single pip.

I'm wondering if the dip in temps have slowed down development so they may just be behind a day or 2? I hope that is all it is. I will be heart broken if I'm an empty nester.
hit.gif

Don't worry, I got my blackberry so if something happens I can get a shot and send it right here!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom