All the Christian Homeschoolers!

I didn't have a story... I think you're thinking of someone else's post :)

Yes, I view "Ghosts" as human spirits that are still around on earth.
Btw I don't want to take this topic too far on this thread, so if I stop responding about this it'll be because of that. I'd be more then happy to continue in PM if anyone is particularly interested in that.

"Paranormal stuff" has actually been a rabbit hole I've been down. I've had literally zero personally experiences, it was just a interest thing.
After doing some more biblical research I stopped researching things about it, because I came to a similar conclusion as The White Elephant.
I don't believe in Ghosts.
I do believe in Angels and... the opposite of angels...
In that last bit of research I did something that stood out was that Satan can and has disguised himself as an angel.
Also the comment about them being in a holy place, hasn't Satan been in the presence of God? (The story of Job is what I am thinking of, but also Jesus being tempted in the desert).
Yes, I totally agree with you and Whitey. When I say ghosts I mean spirits in purgatory. But I call good spirits angels, which is what they are. 💚

I believe that ghosts are evil spirits posing as remnants of those lost.
Several members of my family have seen "ghosts" and had certain paranormal... Abilities. They've passed on since my great great grandmother. Very strange. But because of the nature of it, I'm not set that the "abilities" are demonic, because it has lead to the safety of other people.

Lost this thread!
My personal belief on the subject of ghosts is that they're not real. However, I do fully believe in evil spirits/demons, and of course Angels. I heard a story once of a family who bought some land. They started farming it, planted a garden, fruit trees, etc. They could never get anything to grow and everything would end up dying. They ended up finding out that the land they'd bought used to be sacred ground for the indians and alot of evil things had gone on on the land. After they found that out they would take their four-wheeler and Gator and just drive around praying that God would remove the curse from the land and that His Spirit would fill their new home. They started being able to grow and work their land after that. I prefer not to do any type of research on evil spirits or ghosts (aside from the Bible) or watch any horror shows because the main theme on those are just plain evil. Even tv shows that even briefly bring things like that up I turn off because I think it's a very dangerous thing to play around with. The Bible says that if God is dwelling in your heart then satan cannot get to you, but I also believe that if you invite him in he will come. Things such as a ouji board, horror shows, haunted houses, etc. is an absolute no from me. Those things may seem innocent and fun at the time, but I believe that it lets satan get his foot in the door, and I prefer for my door to be bolted tight against the attacks of satan.

I think if you go looking for those types of things then you'll find them. I do believe that one person (even if they claim to be a Christian) has anything to do with evilness like that, then they will carry it with them everywhere. And as Christians we will be able to discern evil from good. Even if it's just an unsettling feeling that something isn't quite right when we're around a specific person or in a certain place. I think the best thing to do to guard against satan even trying to make you think that you're experiencing those types of things, is to read your Bible daily and pray that God would fill every corner of your heart. And don't invite satan in through the seemingly harmless things of the world.
Sorry for the long post, just my belief on the subject!

Lost this thread!
My personal belief on the subject of ghosts is that they're not real. However, I do fully believe in evil spirits/demons, and of course Angels. I heard a story once of a family who bought some land. They started farming it, planted a garden, fruit trees, etc. They could never get anything to grow and everything would end up dying. They ended up finding out that the land they'd bought used to be sacred ground for the indians and alot of evil things had gone on on the land. After they found that out they would take their four-wheeler and Gator and just drive around praying that God would remove the curse from the land and that His Spirit would fill their new home. They started being able to grow and work their land after that. I prefer not to do any type of research on evil spirits or ghosts (aside from the Bible) or watch any horror shows because the main theme on those are just plain evil. Even tv shows that even briefly bring things like that up I turn off because I think it's a very dangerous thing to play around with. The Bible says that if God is dwelling in your heart then satan cannot get to you, but I also believe that if you invite him in he will come. Things such as a ouji board, horror shows, haunted houses, etc. is an absolute no from me. Those things may seem innocent and fun at the time, but I believe that it lets satan get his foot in the door, and I prefer for my door to be bolted tight against the attacks of satan.

I think if you go looking for those types of things then you'll find them. I do believe that one person (even if they claim to be a Christian) has anything to do with evilness like that, then they will carry it with them everywhere. And as Christians we will be able to discern evil from good. Even if it's just an unsettling feeling that something isn't quite right when we're around a specific person or in a certain place. I think the best thing to do to guard against satan even trying to make you think that you're experiencing those types of things, is to read your Bible daily and pray that God would fill every corner of your heart. And don't invite satan in through the seemingly harmless things of the world.
Yes, I try not to do research or go more into depth on this subject. As you said, this is nothing to mess around with. 💚

Lost this thread!

Yes to all this!
Having an interest in this I now know is wrong, and I am working on staying away from it.
I believe that ghosts are evil spirits posing as remnants of those lost.
Several members of my family have seen "ghosts" and had certain paranormal... Abilities. They've passed on since my great great grandmother. Very strange. But because of the nature of it, I'm not set that the "abilities" are demonic, because it has lead to the safety of other people.
I don't mean to be rude, but I'd be careful with that. I can get you some bible verses if you want?

Back
Top Bottom