All the Christian Homeschoolers!

Anyone play violin here? I'd love to learn but I don't know where to start. I somewhat recently gained a love of classical music.
I know @Isabella6Storm4 does, others may too. I know basics but dont play it anymore cause I changed to Viola and dont play that much either.
yes! i play violin!
if you're gonna start, start very slow as there's a lot to get the hang of. people usually recommend getting a teacher so as not to pick up bad techniques and whatnot. I do a 20 dollar lesson every other week though when beginning I recommend every week.
I did start without a teacher though but my dad plays a couple of instruments and was teaching me to read music mostly.
Also don't spend much on your first violin as you may find you hate it after a while. but yeah, if you're gonna start playing it, give it a couple of months as usually the first couple of months are awful. your fingers hurt, your playing sounds bad etc but it will get better.
My current violin is around 5K and that's on the cheap side so they're def pricy. some stores offer rentals though.
the fun thing is, once you get the hang of the violin, playing things like viola and cello etc are easier to pick up. i haven't tried them though because my brother already plays cello and my cousin is a violist.

My dad is Czech so I have to like Dvořak.:)
Ah, my boyfriend is of Czech descent. Last he was here, we stopped by the closest goodwill and he found an extensive collection classical compositions on vinyl records. They're sitting in a room at my house, since he wasn't able to take them home yet. Names on the cases include: Bach, Corelli, Couperin, Handel, Purcell, Rameau, Scarlatti, Telemann, and Vivaldi for the "The Baroque Era" volumes. It looks like there are seven or eight different sets of "Era" volumes.
IMG_20240306_113804.jpg

Welcome back! How have you been doing, what have you been up to?
I've been alrightish, I've been crocheting like mad for a festival I'm vending at in April but now my hand is acting up. Algebra 1 is kicking my butt and language arts is confusing. But we have Cornish Cross chicks coming the last week this month so that'll be fun, I've also been researching meat rabbits because it is a possibility that we might start doing those and I would run that project. How about you?

Who are some composers you like? I like Vivaldi, Dvořak, Beethoven, and Kreisler especially but am beginning to branch out as I get familiar with classical and know more about its technicalities.
I've listened to and like all of them except Kreisler (because I've never heard anything he wrote as far as I know).

Pergolesi's Stabat Mater is worth a listen.

I like Bach, Beethoven (not to be confused with Beetov-hen), Brahms (not to be confused with Brahms the Light Brahma), Rachmaninov, and others.

Back
Top Bottom