All the Christian Homeschoolers!

I use sandals, so not a problem. I also don't hike, so not a problem there either.

Prayers as a Catholic:
It really depends on the family. Here we have morning prayers, Rosary, and a few other ones. Around 1 hour or so. We also pray the Angelus at 12 and 6. Not all Catholic families do this, sadly. And there's Mass on Sunday.
I'm Catholic too. We strive our best to do the Rosary every night and litany after which I don't remember what it is called. And yes, Mass on Sunday although when we do the first Saturday Mass and meditation.

It definitely will be! The farthest west I've been is probably Nashville, TN or in the Michigan UP. I'll be moving an additional 1,000+ westerly miles. It will be strange being somewhere where I know no one else. Kind of intimidating. I've always had a lot of trouble making friends unless there's someone else to introduce me. I'm rather shy in new situations. I will definitely be very homesick and lonely for a while, I think.
You should come visit Washington! That's about as far west as you can get 😂

I had no friends until I was sixteen. None at all. My mother didn't have us in any regular extracurriculars that allowed us to make friends, and aside from our church being small, they always treated me strangely. I had ADHD and so they thought I was weird and gross, and we're always sneering at me and avoiding talking to me. I was just 'normal' and didn't know how to talk to people. And blood and mud didn't bother me like it bothered them. They were also all public schooled and city dwellers. Ah well.
I guess the area you live would affect that, sounds lonely. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Our church is pretty welcoming, we have a couple kids with ADHD and they get on pretty well. Our area is really country so most people hunt, fish, work with cars, construction, and all that so mud and blood don't really bother people here.

I use sandals, so not a problem. I also don't hike, so not a problem there either.

Prayers as a Catholic:
It really depends on the family. Here we have morning prayers, Rosary, and a few other ones. Around 1 hour or so. We also pray the Angelus at 12 and 6. Not all Catholic families do this, sadly. And there's Mass on Sunday.
I'm Catholic as well,
We usually go to daily mass, and then we try to say the angelus at noon, and family rosary at night.
But every day is different, like for St. Brigid's feast day we made butter from a mason jar!

Awesome! That's exciting. Are you gonna be able to get more chicks when you move?
It's so exciting!

Umm, at the rental place we got, says no chickens. (It's in a fancy neighborhood, and my family will be like the Beverly Hillbillies 😂 )
But we hope to buy a place someday that will allow chickens. :)

I guess the area you live would affect that, sounds lonely. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Our church is pretty welcoming, we have a couple kids with ADHD and they get on pretty well. Our area is really country so most people hunt, fish, work with cars, construction, and all that so mud and blood don't really bother people here.
Folks at the church I've been at for the last few years are quite a lot nicer. They definitely still thought I was weird, but they were very friendly, lol. Don't talk to them since I'm not in the youth group anymore, wasn't tight friends with anyone except one of the guys who's also moved out of the YG now.

Back
Top Bottom