Almost finished w/ brooder in new coop !

unionwirewoman

Songster
12 Years
Sep 14, 2007
Kalispell , MT
We started this 4 days ago.....simple task...but too many other things going on at the same time slowed us down . Just wanted to show some pics of our brooder/new chick home . We built it into our existing 10'x12' coop .

Platform

3999_dsc01303.jpg

Framed wall ( not too bad for electricians !)

3999_dsc01308.jpg

Almost done except for leveling the doors ( wanted to get the chicks into the coop...getting too big for in the house ) and paint .

3999_dsc01311.jpg

The brooder will be 2 seperate areas or 1 full one ...the way we designed it is to have a piece of plywood that you can slide out when needed .
wink.png

Well...I have to be honest....hubby thought of it....please no-one drop out of thier chairs from a heart attack !!!! I caught him awhile back looking up here....
th.gif
...then I looked into "favorites on the computer....and he has some for incubators , and eggs ! Guess I'm not the only crazy chicken lady around here ( that's what dsd calls me ) technically he'd be the crazy chicken dude , right ? He wants to hatch chicks from our chickens worse than I do ...though he won't admit it cause he's just "an old broke down cowboy " of 44 !!! Pretty decent carpenter...although I cut out all of the doorways since he put the whole sheet of plywood up instead of piecing it in ( took an hour longer ) . I'll shut up now....guess I have the chatters in me ! Thanks for all the posts...more opinions would be appreciated !
frow.gif

That is a great use of the vertical "wasted" space within the coop. I am thinking of doing something similar but for use as storage of extra feed and/or shavings so that it does not crowd the entryway of my shed converted coop.

Keep the pics coming. I am waiting in anticipation to see the finished product.
pop.gif

Quote:
Yeah, I'd had the same thing in mind for over the roost area. Just a 3' deep shelf with a netting door to keep them off the area. Storage FTW..
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom