almost have everything i need ....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Crazy4Chicks, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Ok I have my bator - Little Giant still air
    got my Acc-rite thingy was cheaper than I thought it was !! only paid 11.88
    got some duck eggs from my girl Ebony to pratice with
    all I need now is a water wiggler but cant find them any where - can I make one ??

I really am trying to get my nerves up for this LOL

Julie

2. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    I've read on the forum that people rig up their own water wiggler using a ziplock.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

You can use a ziploc or just a cup of water to get the average T. You really don't need one to hatch. I've never used one. I've also not measured humidity either so.... it's up to you! I say get the air temp at egg level good, and pop them in, find that wiggler when you're at a mall or near a toy store, and get them babies cookin!.

4. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Please don't stress over a water wiggler. It is not needed to incubate. Do like Diana said, get temp right at egg level and go with it.

5. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    ok I am going to get the bator out and turn it on and see if I can figure out how to get the temps right and set some eggs this weekend !!

Julie

6. tberggren

tberggren Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2008
    Ithaca NY
    It took me about 15 min. of checking but did finally find one in the toy section of Walmart. If you need to ask one of the help where there section of $1.00 toys are, chances are if you ask them where the water wiggler is they won't know what you are talking about. LOL but all the $1.00 toys are in the same section. Actually you will only have to pay 88 cents.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by