Almost pecked to death...can she be saved? UPDATE

Good news for both of you!!
thumbsup.gif

I am AMAZED at her recovery. She was able to jump out of the tote we had her in yesterday. Thankfully the tote was in the huge bathtub. This morning she was moved to our outside hospital. The eye that I thought she was missing, is present...not sure if she can see normally, but it is where it should be. She is eating and drinking on her own. She is still a bit wobbly on her feet, but is getting more and more coordinated each day. I was so sure that she would die, and now I'm sure she'll make a fully recovery.

Thanks again for all your help and advice.

Good luck and many blessings. The BYC helped me a lot when we had a recently severely injured 5 week old (Splash) pecked down to the meat by a grownup and he continues to mend:clap

Congratulations, Binza!
clap.gif
First major injury is behind you and successful.
celebrate.gif
The next one won't be so scary.
hmm.png
You are willing and not afraid to try. If it is less major you will approach it with confidence and experience. If it is worse, you will know that what you do to help is appropriate and even if not successful, that you did what would work, if it were not so bad. You are on your way to being a first class chicken first aid expert! Of course, you will have BYC to help with great advice and plenty of moral support and sympathy! You ROCK! Who knows, you may have a crop surgery in your future...
th.gif

CIMG0271.jpg

This picture was taken last night once we moved her into a more secure recovery pen.

She is walking around. She is jumping up onto a shelf in her recovery pen. She is making chicken noises again. My husband has nick named her "vulture."

And, I hope I never had to do a crop surgery. I need to expand my chicken first-aid kit. I ended up stealing stuff from my husband's old EMT kit.

Back
Top Bottom