Aloha from the island of Hawaii

StrangestarChickens

In the Brooder
Jun 26, 2018
Hello everyone! I'm introducing myself and hope you all welcome me here. I've been stalking BYC for a year now and just decided to finally make an account. Im turning 22 this august but have a huge love for chickens. I decided to make a chicken paradise on the big island, Hawaii. I have 28 chickens consisting of frizzled Cochin (2). Silkies consisting of roos 2 white and 1 black and 1 black hen that has a necklace of partridge. 2 polish hens, 1 barred rock I rescued from Craigslist with broken legs. 6 sizzle chicks being raised by a take jungle foul mix. 6 teen jungle foul and Americana mix. 6 I assume are jungle foul but was told they are decendants of the chikens brought to the Hawaiian king as a gift consisting of 3 hens and 3 rooster. Im working on a sizzle program with 2 white silkie males amd 1 black silkie too that is still maturing. I've got 2 Frizzled cochin hens (both splash) and my black female silkie hen to work with. I might incorporate my polish into the breeding program but am still thinking about it. I've moved to the big Island a few months ago to 9 acres just so I can work on my chicken hobby/paradise. Thanks to the cats and dogs we have had no weasle issues, I've got several large coops/runs for my chickens. My jungle foul get to free run the property. I can hardly wait to grow my flock.

Sounds like a paradise! I remember seeing wild chickens when I visited Maui. So neat!! You've got a great mix of birds! Welcome to Backyard Chickens :)
Thank you for the welcome. It sure is a paradise. They get papayas croaky frogs bananas oatmeal worms including mealworms and many many other delicious things. My spoiled babies

chickn emoji.gif
smiley_emoticons_insel.gif
chickn emoji.gif
welcome-cropped-farm-con.gif

Back
Top Bottom