Am I a bad critter mama? (Sorry, kinda long)

If I remember right one of your cats is on a diet...I am sure I know why! My family ( my son and the 2 boy, they were supposed to be their cats) recently August and September adopted 2 cats from the Humane Society. Within 1 1/2 months the 1 year old cat had gone from 7.1 lbs to over 10 pounds I ended up taking her to see my vet, took her the weekwe adopted her to a different vet as the humane society gives you a certificate for free check up. Well me vet was worried about her SUDDEN weight gain I KNow how much I was feeding her he started to worry something was wrong and told me to come back in 1 month if this was still going on. About 2 evenings later I caught my kids giveing her double what I had already fed her she was getting 6 meals worth in one day. I had to explain to hubbie and kids. An adult is responsible and hubbie works very long shifts 1/2 the week so I am the food dispenser for the cates period!! for about 2 weeks after this went into affect the older cat would come and sit beside me and Whine SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO high pitched ( her food cry) I would look at her and tell her NO! she has finally gotten to the point where she knows she gets feed 2 times a day. And at least the other cat is starting to give her some excecise playing with her.

Your DSD need to be told she does not need animals if she can not take care of even their BASIC needs and stop interfering with you and youe well cared for pets!

Actually both cats are on a diet now. As I said, KiKi associates food with comfort. She was a mess when we got her from the shelter, after being abandoned with a litter of kittens. Her hair was falling out, she was super skinny and had tapeworms. She went from 3 lbs. to 10 lbs. pretty quickly.
Kitty has always been a slender, small cat. Now she's a housecat and not near as active as she used to be. Plus, she has this dominance thing going on with KiKi where she tries to eat all of KiKi's food before eating her own.
So, two cats and both are on diets. They are really looking good nowadays, if I do say so myself.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom