Am I a Red Star?

Unless you bought them sexed that is what you would expect, half and half. You could process the boys or re-home them. That many cockerels would be a burden on you and your pullets.
I actually did buy them sexed. Except the one male barred rock šŸ˜•. Unfortunately half were doa or soon after - only had 8 left outta my 16 order. So picked 6 sapphire gems up at Atwoodā€™s & got 2 cocks in there lol

Unless you bought them sexed that is what you would expect, half and half. You could process the boys or re-home them. That many cockerels would be a burden on you and your pullets.
Will end up processing the extras once I decide who to keep. Not much demand in the area for extra Roos

There is another post that just came on with a Buckeye cockerel that looks very much like the one posted here. So I think that is what he is. His comb is a little weird, but they aren't all perfect.

Here's a link to that post: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/buckeyes.1484273/
Appreciate that! That in my mind solidifies buckeye - nugget looked just like the three pullets in my earlier pics although comb was more pronounced than theirs at that age. Since the thought was red star or production red- comb probably seemed small at the time?
Just did some research on buckeyeā€™s, also seem to make good Roos - not making things easier lol

Hi there - really excited to have joined the community. Just got my first chickens late April and have been scratching my head on little ā€œNuggetā€ ever since she (I hope) showed up.
This one came thru an assorted order and have not been able to place it. Breed or gender.
Including early pics as well as recent. She is 6 weeks old today. Nugget is the reddish brown one in the recent pics but was very light brown as a chick.
Any chance this one will lay some nice eggs? I already have 5 cockerels in the 2 separate batches I got šŸ¤Ø and hoping Nugget doesnā€™t make 6!
Just read through this thread as I thought your chick looked a lot like my Buckeye, & I see a few people mentioned that breed as a possibility. Here is my little one:

Attachments

• E2AAA8C0-99DC-47FC-8D9A-01120D2ED400.jpeg
    E2AAA8C0-99DC-47FC-8D9A-01120D2ED400.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom