Am I an ameraucana Roo?

pbzmomma

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 30, 2011
Virginia
Hey everyone! I got this guy(i think its a rooster) He is supposed to be ameraucana. I am almost positive it is a Rooster. The only reason I question this is because he does not in the least act like a Rooster. He sounds like a hen, acts like a hen, and is not performing his Rooster Duties
lol.png
I am not sure what he is so any help would be great!

105187_rooster.jpg

Last edited:
He was the only Roo we had for some time but now we have another. He just was not acting like a roo at all so we have had to add antoher to our flock. Thank you. I thought he favored the Rhode island reds until I saw one at a show and he is way to light in color and his head looks slightly different. Thanks

Oh what a lovely boy you have
smile.png
Yes mine looks nothing like him except maybe the tail will continue to grow and form like your Roo's. My neighbor thinks maybe my Roo is a cross. Yay for tractor Supply and their chicks (lol) Thanks for all you help. Its my first year with Chickens and I have to say Im fairly obsessed. I think my Fiance is ready to strangle me if I show him one more picture or make him watch our chickens for another afternoon
smile.png

He is definitely a rooster - he might be slow in developing his crow and other male traits (some do not until 20 or so weeks). I agree, he is not an ameraucana! But he could be an Easter Egger (have some ameraucana in his genes) but his leg color and comb are wrong to be a true Ameraucana. I have 2 roosters and the beta rooster doesn't crow much (before he came he was crowing alot at my sister-in-laws) and he hasn't done any other dancing other otherwise around the hen. He and the alpha do want to go head to head but there is a fence between them. Good luck with your boy.

Quote:
My hubby is the same way !
lol.png
And he's the one who made me get chickens !
gig.gif
We started out with his limit of 6. We now have 20 Pullets and a Roo ! He works out of state for weeks at a time, and since he's been gone this time, 4 new pullets seem to have found there way into the coop. hahahaha. I wonder if he'll notice !

Back
Top Bottom