Am I being cheap or frugal?

Frugal! And this trip is about your son. What boy doesn't want a home cooked meal. Mine come and raid the fridge as often as possible.

Quote:
I know! I was really embarrased once when security decided to open my carry on and there was my rubbermaid container full of cold meatloaf! Course she said she was hungry and was thinking about confiscating.

"Before we left we made turkey burgers, BBQ chicken and bratwurst. We ate every meal in the hotel room with the help of the microwave or we ate cold chicken. We had cole slaw and fruit and veggies. We splurged on one meal out of 7. I figure we saved 100s of dollars. "

I do this too when i take my sons on business trips with me. I usually take them out for one meal of their choice, then they can graze thru the trip on what we bring.
i love hotel points - i barter for them with co-workers: fresh baked goods and special things like small lap quilts or handmade stuff they wish to give others for gifts.
We went to washington dc last summer on bartered points for a week, lugged along our own food stuff...loved it and will be doing it again in march.

hey - i just thought of something??? would folks here want to barter for hotel points and swap stuff for them??

Quote:
I don't have a medi alert bracelet... I used to pack yogurts, juice boxes for the kids, salads and sandwiches. Anything smooshy, liquid or gooey is a no-no. The gel pack to keep the food cold is a no-no. They scrutinize other food so much that it is not worth it. It has really ruined air travel for me.

HOWEVER, when I do my "down South" pilgrimage every summer, I load my car with seafood pasta salad, homemade chicken salad and nice cheeses so that I do not have to eat at Mickie D's unless I want to.

I posted earlier that I think you are smart and I do similar things. Although I have never thought about a crock pot I think it is a fabulous idea!

I just wanted to add, just think how good you are going to make that hotel smell! You might have guests lined up at your door with paper plates when you get back to your room.
lau.gif

The frozen ice cream buckets or food is a great idea!!!! I would have never thought of such! I was going to suggest preparing DS's favorite meals and freezing them in ziplocs or food saver bags.........
You go Mama!

Frugal and Smart! When hubby and I travel, I always pack enough for days.....Last trip homemade yogurts, milk from the farm, home cooked breads, etc. boiled eggs, etc. ..... It was a long trip and when we ate out, it was with some buy one get one coupons, from the front desk...... I also have an electric wok I've traveled with, very multipurpose.

Bartering for travel points ....great idea Erthymom...Oh yes, my hubby and I have secret shopped when out of town and had meals reimbursed that way, so that's really saved the dollars and allowed us to eat out while stretching the budget.

Great topic!

Have a blessed day.....

Back
Top Bottom