Am I crazy??? Chicken depression!!!

Gosh, he could be out of sorts, just knowing all those gals are there. I'd be afraid to leave him in there with them. If my three year old had terrorized and hurt my youngsters, I would have separated him. My other 2 roos are from the same hatch as the girls and they haven't bothered anyone either. Maybe wait just a little longer until a few sart laying and then introduce him to the "mature" girls. Maybe he'll settle down a little bit then and they'll be willing to accomodate him. I know how you feel though, I sure want all my birds to be happy. I hope Tiny is doing well with her new room mate. Lynn

I let him in today. One of my EE's let him mount her. Now he's the perfect gentleman. He's finding them treats and walking around with them protecting them. He's a good boy.

Ain't love grand!
love.gif

hey Trisha...last night the fuzzinator ( our rooster...his name started out as fuzzy...my 6 yr old son named him) was SHAGGING up a storm in our coop/run. I have never seen him do that before but he was running round jumping on every hen he could manage to corner...it appears to be pretty rough and i dont know that the ladies are too keen based on the squawking but what are ya gonna do? It didnt seem to hurt the girls but still it doesnt look too pleasant with him grabbing their neck feathers and jumping aboard.
Problem is with the fuzzinator is that he is mounting the 14 weekers as well as the 18 weekers. The weird thing is that the other rooster we have which is an ameraucana is the only roo that crows so far ( fuzzinator sounds like a broken violin when he tries) but the ameraucana hasnt shown any interest in joining the fuzzman in his unsavoury endeavours.

Last edited:
Well, DH is taking down the separation fence tomorrow.
ya.gif
The Colonel is such a great roo. He treats the girls with respect and does his best to protect them. He was hollering out warning calls ALL DAY!!! A leaf would fall and he was sounding the alarm.
lol.png

Chicken bed time is at 7:30 and me and DH had to run out for about 10 minutes and I was scared that bed time would be confusing for him and the girls. We got home at about 7:45 and I went out to check on everyone and there Colonel was roosting with the girls like he'd been doing it all along.

This is easier than I though it would be.

Back
Top Bottom