Am I Doing This Correctly? Pic added

Will you be able to catch her in the morning easily if she needs your help?
If so I would keep her in the coop.
Oh, yes. She's no problem. I handle her when I need to; she just doesn't like it at all - Lol! When I went out there just now, she was already on the roost, so I left her there. She's unhappy and hunched and looking like someone just kicked her puppy. I have a super important meeting at work tomorrow, so I'll have to get her up early.

I know sick/injured birds are inevitable, but I don't like it one bit.

Oh, yes. She's no problem. I handle her when I need to; she just doesn't like it at all - Lol! When I went out there just now, she was already on the roost, so I left her there. She's unhappy and hunched and looking like someone just kicked her puppy. I have a super important meeting at work tomorrow, so I'll have to get her up early.

I know sick/injured birds are inevitable, but I don't like it one bit.

She got up there on her own, that's good!

Might just have to keep an eye every chance you get for a few days.

She got up there on her own, that's good!

Might just have to keep an eye every chance you get for a few days.
Oh, she never gets up there on her own. She prefers to sleep under the roost, but I put her up there so she doesn't get pooped on. But she had assumed the position under the others, as usual. I don't mind doing it because I only have 4.

Iris has always been a big baby. As a chick, she never liked to be alone, and would peep like crazy if I left the room. She gets messy feathers because she is so fluffy, so she's needed baths a couple of times already. And she is at the bottom of the pecking order. She's always a little aloof. Poor, slow Iris...

Ok, so Iris still isn't eating, but she did drink a little. Then she passed this:
20190326_073009.jpg

Egg and membrane? It's goopy like egg and not hard like a lash egg.

I'm going to say that was what she was trying to pass. Hopefully she will start perking up.
Do you have Poultry Nutri-Drench or Poultry Cell on hand? If you do, then direct dose her at 1cc per 3 pounds of weight. Try to get some extra calcium into her. You can crunch up a TUMS and stick the little pieces in her beak or I grind it up finely and sprinkle over scrambled egg. (Tums does not mix well or dissolve in water, don't waste your time LOL Believe me, I've tried). Watch to see if she's drinking, you can also make her a little wet soupy feed she may like that.

IF she is moving about a little and no one is bothering her, I would leave her with the flock. Some don't mind separation, but I've found that most of mine do better if they can hang out, even if they find a quiet corner. Sometimes a buddy may even come and sit with them for a while.

Back
Top Bottom