Am I in the Right, Or am I in the Wrong??? UPDATE Pg. 14)

gig.gif
Oh man, I know laughing isn't exactly expected... but I can't help it... you've got a WoW (D&D, other) Addict.
lau.gif
Oh honey, I feel your pain.

I can handle NWN, Diablo (i not ii), etc... but I cannot stand those online ones... THEY NEVER END... what's the goal if they never end? Absolutely maddening. Don't get me wrong, the graphics are awesome, really some of the stuff they can do nowadays... WoW is appropro. But still, it's like The Song That Never Ends... just doesn't do it for me.

fl.gif
On hubby finding a job hours away... ohhh perhaps in the direction of YOUR folks... maybe even on the other side of them so MIL has to go through them first... she wouldn't last long if she had to go through MY family before reaching us I can tell ya. I'll be sending happy employment thoughts your way.

hugs.gif
And happy sleepy thoughts for the little one, poor guy. Afraid I'd have had to file for a restraining/protective order immediately on that one, simply to prevent future problems. SIL should have done the same after the kidnapping, and yes when someone who doesn't have custody takes a child it's a kidnapping... Amber Alert, etc. MIL should NOT be walking the streets.

Of course I haven't read all the posting and quite frankly I don't need to. From a mans point of view.

If my bro. had a friend who did what your sil's friend did I would not be going under no terms. Of course I would kick the friends you know what.

Now for your hus to expect you to go I would ask him if he wanted to stay married? The fact that he exchanged letters with this (fill in the blank) shows lack of respect for you and your kids. I recommend some serious counseling.

Tell your sil no in no uncertain terms will you be around the nut case home wrecker.

Quote:
Well about my SIL daughter being kidnapped. The CPS (child protective services) was on her side. They believed the MIL lies. She is really really good. So SIL couldnt file kidnapping charges. But SIL had to go to court also. My motto for my MIL is "She isnt happy unless she makes every one around her unhappy" Im starting to think that is SIL's motto too.

Yup I have an addicted gamer. First it was Playstation 2, then it went to Playstation 3 that went online. He got mad at the way PS3 ran their online service. More clitches and hackers. So he sold it and went to XBox360. But it is still the same game. Call of Duty. And that is the only game he plays on his xbox360. He owns one other game for it, but never plays it. SIL and soon to be BIL are addicted to it also. They used to come down here to our house with their extra TV and Playstation 3 and have two systems running at the same time. So they could all play together. Cause the game is only one player. That way 2 out of the 3 people could play at same time. Sad really. While I would just sit here and read BYC... And they would laugh at me for wanting to read about poultry.

I hope he finds a job else where soon. But with the economy the way it is, will need lots of luck. With all the logging stopping there are barely any jobs around here. There are only 2 of my family members we could move closer to. One is 4 1/4 hours away from here. We moved there. Couldnt find jobs then got stuck back down here again. The other one is about 3 1/2 hours away. It is my mom and her boyfriend. Their house is full. My grandma just moved there from this county. We would have no where to stay. But if it was nice we could stay in a tent. We dont own an RV. But it is just so darn hot in Medford where my mom is, and she dont have air conditioning. Its been around 100 over there. When it is only been in the 70s here. We would so cook over there, and with my daughter and mine nose conditon, we most likely not be able to breath over there. But he is still looking over there any way. We were thinking about moving to Coos Bay. It is 1 1/2 hours from his mom. And it still leaves us on the coast, where the temps are the same as we are used to. Ive never lived any where except for the coast. I cant stand the heat inland.

If I was some one else looking in on my life like you all are. I would just shake my head and wonder. Or laugh or both. But it so hard to get away from somewhere you dont like with out any money. And yes, plenty of people have said I should have left DH before and not put up with him after this happened. Well divorces with kids are very very spendy. A long fight.. I have no money of my own. I cant work. I have a bum knee. It needs surgery that I cant afford. So I cant work until it gets fixed. I was a housekeeper and then a senior care giver before I hurt my knee. Cant do that work if I can handle lots of weight or walking. I cant get disability like some friends have suggested, its because my condition is fixable. Well by the time they actually get in there, it might not be fixable. And some people have said that if I cant do manual jobs then I should get an office job. Around here those are few and far between. And I cant type fast enough or have enough computer knowledge for it. They want you to know all these different programs and such. I have no idea what they are. It was hard enough for me to figure out the net. When I was in High School only the computer basics were required to graduate. And that was on the old apple computers that either had orange or green letters. It wasnt until my last year of school that they got the computers that had color screens.

Oh the hubby needs to step up and tell the groom that as honored as he is to be the best man if that mean disrespecting his wife by being paired with the hussy for the ceremony then he's going to have to bow out and should just go as a guest instead. Then the hubby and wife could attend together as a united couple. If miss hussy even said hi to the hubby then the hubby needs to just flat out tell her that she has no business speaking to him and he isn't going to disrespect his wife by saying anything other than leave me and my family alone. Also they should not stay at the reception very long. The sil is just stupid setting up this type of situation on her wedding day and shouldn't expect the hubby (best man) to go along with it.

Quote:
That is one of the best ideas I have seen. That way the husband and wife can still go as guest and show a united front, but he won't have to walk down the aisle with R or dance with R or anything!

Doesn't matter if she believed her lies, she took a child that wasn't hers. Voices telling you to do it doesn't make it any less of a crime. CPS really should have worked with you to see to it that you and your baby were protected from her. A protective order is not that hard to come by, and given a judge was already involved he could have easily signed one. But then, this is your SIL's mom so maybe she just didn't want to... does mom help financially or anything? Lotsa folks get stuck dealing with psychos because of that.

Same, though not kidnapping, with your situation. If your son is still having problems then he should be getting counseling paid for by the agency that caused the problem. Try giving them a call, clearly that agent didn't finish the job... but maybe they'd be willing to clean up their mess if they're reminded that there is one. With the records, and the counselor's opinion you might still be able to get a PO, not too likely unless there's been an incident recently, but worth asking. That way if she shows up being a psycho you have backup you can call.

I hear you on the What Ifs... we can't plan ANYTHING until DH finishes school... he has steady work, that works with his school schedule here (family business)... can't guarantee that elsewhere... so we're stuck here. You have to have a minimum Masters before applying for a college position... even PhD's have a hard time getting hired so less than a Masters don't even bother. So basically we have to stay here until he finishes with Masters at least... which looks to be May 2013 if all goes well. Then we get to sit and wait until he gets an offer... THEN finally find a place near that offer to FINALLY make a home. Sheesh.

Quote:
Well about my SIL daughter being kidnapped. The CPS (child protective services) was on her side. They believed the MIL lies. She is really really good. So SIL couldnt file kidnapping charges. But SIL had to go to court also. My motto for my MIL is "She isnt happy unless she makes every one around her unhappy" Im starting to think that is SIL's motto too.

Yup I have an addicted gamer. First it was Playstation 2, then it went to Playstation 3 that went online. He got mad at the way PS3 ran their online service. More clitches and hackers. So he sold it and went to XBox360. But it is still the same game. Call of Duty. And that is the only game he plays on his xbox360. He owns one other game for it, but never plays it. SIL and soon to be BIL are addicted to it also. They used to come down here to our house with their extra TV and Playstation 3 and have two systems running at the same time. So they could all play together. Cause the game is only one player. That way 2 out of the 3 people could play at same time. Sad really. While I would just sit here and read BYC... And they would laugh at me for wanting to read about poultry.

I hope he finds a job else where soon. But with the economy the way it is, will need lots of luck. With all the logging stopping there are barely any jobs around here. There are only 2 of my family members we could move closer to. One is 4 1/4 hours away from here. We moved there. Couldnt find jobs then got stuck back down here again. The other one is about 3 1/2 hours away. It is my mom and her boyfriend. Their house is full. My grandma just moved there from this county. We would have no where to stay. But if it was nice we could stay in a tent. We dont own an RV. But it is just so darn hot in Medford where my mom is, and she dont have air conditioning. Its been around 100 over there. When it is only been in the 70s here. We would so cook over there, and with my daughter and mine nose conditon, we most likely not be able to breath over there. But he is still looking over there any way. We were thinking about moving to Coos Bay. It is 1 1/2 hours from his mom. And it still leaves us on the coast, where the temps are the same as we are used to. Ive never lived any where except for the coast. I cant stand the heat inland.

If I was some one else looking in on my life like you all are. I would just shake my head and wonder. Or laugh or both. But it so hard to get away from somewhere you dont like with out any money. And yes, plenty of people have said I should have left DH before and not put up with him after this happened. Well divorces with kids are very very spendy. A long fight.. I have no money of my own. I cant work. I have a bum knee. It needs surgery that I cant afford. So I cant work until it gets fixed. I was a housekeeper and then a senior care giver before I hurt my knee. Cant do that work if I can handle lots of weight or walking. I cant get disability like some friends have suggested, its because my condition is fixable. Well by the time they actually get in there, it might not be fixable. And some people have said that if I cant do manual jobs then I should get an office job. Around here those are few and far between. And I cant type fast enough or have enough computer knowledge for it. They want you to know all these different programs and such. I have no idea what they are. It was hard enough for me to figure out the net. When I was in High School only the computer basics were required to graduate. And that was on the old apple computers that either had orange or green letters. It wasnt until my last year of school that they got the computers that had color screens.

I hear alot of I CAN'Ts.............why not start focusing on the I CANs, it really makes a difference.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Nice to hear a guy's standpoint, especially when it coincides with mine.

I'll chime in with another guys voice, seconding the "don't go" opinion. The "R" woman sounds toxic.

PineappleMama, may I have a cookie, now, please?
tongue2.gif

Seriously, I think there are a bunch of issues in place in situation. Need to start dealing with them one at a time, might as well start here!

So, what I am gathering is that you feel trapped? No way out? There is always a way out. There are typing programs online. My 9 yr old learned how to type online when she was 8. She is pretty good too. She can now type almost 30 words per minute.

If you can learn how to navigate on the net, you can learn how to run some programs. They are all very simple.

I never say I can't! Because anyone can, if they put their mind to it.

Back
Top Bottom