Am I the only 25 year married female that is...

Well I'm not twenty-something anymore
tongue.png
(32) but I understand where you are coming from. My dh is a complete city boy and I moved to the burbs when I was 6 out of the country.

Only recently have I began to reevaluate my life and try to do some things that will fill this "country urge" I can't shake!

Pretty much everyone thinks I'm crazy (except for my fam, they know how I really am). But I'm sure they'll think twice when I have tons of yummy backyard chicken eggs to share
lol.png

Yes you are insane. All of us here are but we like living in our own minds. Lol It's nice in here. Seriously i agree with all the above post and think it's great that you are interested. Without ppl like us the "old" ways will be forgotten and all will be at the mercy of the mass producers. Keep up the good work. BTW Welcome to BYC and chickens.

My mom thinks I "don't need any more livestock," but we're itching to get more. I've finally convinced husband that it's not cheaper to get meat at the store...the costs are just more hidden.
So...we look for what meat critter to get next!

I love having chickens, even if just for the sheer quirkiness of it!

My husband & I were both raised in the burbs, in our 50s, and have chickens for the first time. I work in a corporate job, and most people think having chickens is kind of cool (except the butchering part, and we don't talk about that as much!)

You go, for getting such an early start!

Im 31 the wife is 29 and we have never lived in the country. Our families thought we were crazy when we started talking about it. Since however my wifes father has already asked us to house chickens for him and my parents have bought 8 baby chicks.

I'm 25, hubby is 27, our son is 2.75. We have 25 chicks on the way and 12 eggs in the incubator- neither of us was raised on a farm or in the country
smile.png
I like to think we're a little crazy, but it's a good kind of crazy;)

Me me me!

I'm 24, definitely NOT raised on a farm, or with any exposure to farm animals. The closest I got is a dog and cat. I have two young kids (4 and 2) and stay at home with them. My husband works, and is really pretty set against the chickens... he thinks I've gone crazy too. He keeps asking where this farming urge has come from, and now calls me "Maw"
roll.png

I really want an alpaca farm. Where that came from ??? I have no idea, but my heart is set on it, lol!

Your not crazy! I'm with you sister- 28 years old, married, and living in a small town that only gets about 2.5 months of summer. My family (especially my sister) think I'm a little out there with my 6 new chicks and plans for angora bunnies (for wool) and plans in the future to have bees, gardens, composting toilet, etc. I think now is a good time to get into thinking about where your food comes from and if chickens give you joy and amazing eggs than go with it! Good luck- I know I'll need it but wouldn't want it any other way!

Back
Top Bottom