Am I the only 25 year married female that is...

Cool thread. No matter what the ages here, everyone is answering the same call. Best of luck to all of you on your Journey!
smile.png

http://theworldofjenotopia.com/blog/index.php/2008/06/05/the-awakening?blog=2

My fiance and I are in the same boat! I am 20, 21 in a two weeks, and he is 29. We recently moved from an apartment in the city to a house with some land right outside city limits. Within weeks we got another dog and chickens! It was spurred by my fiance's idea, but now that we have them we affectionaltely go out to the coop to see our ladies each day and collect the few eggs we get, being as most of our chickens are still too young to lay. It has definately been interesting being we have both never had chickens, but my mom did when she was growing up so she and my grandmother have given some great advice!
lol.png

I am also 20 something and just bought my first batch of chicks a couple weeks ago. I am loving it...even though I think all but 1 or 2 chicks are roos. Oh well you win some and lose some. At least my freezer will be full. haha

I told my husband that I ordered chicks and he thinks I've lost it. My grandma thinks it is neat everyone else thinks I'm nuts. I just turned 27 have always lived in the country but I've only had horses. So no you're not the only one.
frow.gif

Two years ago DH & I (both 30 at the time) moved from the city to the country. Within months our neighbor brought us two pullets in a dog kennel, and we've been hooked ever since! Our families thought we were crazy until we began supplying them with fresh eggs. Now they get almost as excited about our 'chicken adventures' as we do. LOL!

Our second batch of chicks should arrive next week, and I can hardly wait.

well if you are crazy - i am certifiable - i am 40something and live in one of the boroughs of nyc and have 19 chickens in my basement and a pile of snow covered wood that is waiting to be a coop - 3 teenagers - a kitchen filled with starting veggie seeds - 6 dogs - a parakeet - a cuckatoo - a bearded dragon - and a really good sport of a husband that is indulging my inner farmer/"craziness" - according to my kids i am a hippy - which is just fine by me - so revel in your "craziness", there are many of us out there. this all started for me last spring at the gas pump - its a really long politically opinionated story.....which would take too long to explain, but to sum it up i wound up growing a lot of organic veggies in pots, window boxes, and in the front yard to make a statement - i am stepping things up with chickens this year - fresh eggs! my neighbors love it - they are great cooks - and i am good at growing stuff - so we all eat well! i want to stop being so dependant on big industry. good luck with your chickens!!
thumbsup.gif

Well I am a complete newbie! I am 31 and building my coop setup this week... and hopefully getting some chicks this week too!
I have been reading up on chickens, and this site has been a huge help.
Good Luck!
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
JDEDJ!

Everyone already categorized me as insane when I moved to Alaska... so chickens is small potatoes now!
lol.png

thumbsup.gif
Good on ya for getting chickens. They're wonderful therapy for the hustle and bustle of the city.
smile.png

Quote:
Well, dh and I are now in our 30's, but we were in our 20's when we got interested in this. It just took us till now to buy a house with a yard LOL. He is from an inner city and I'm from (and in) a small city. We know like, squat, about farm life.

A few co workers think I'm a tad nuts to do this! Dh wont' even tell his coworkers about it. We plan a garden and fruit trees too-for us, this is fun.

Back
Top Bottom