1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Am I the only one with cabin fever already???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Brunty_Farms, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    I don't know about everyone else but I'm going stir crazy with this weather. I can't even go outside with my nose freezing shut! [​IMG]

March 10 th I get the first batch of layers in and I can't wait. This is the first year that I havn't worked and soley counting on the chickens for income and I think I need a job to just stay sane [​IMG]

Any advice on how to keep busy... because I think I am becoming an addict to this forum.... Oh my somebody help me. [​IMG]

Waiting for spring but in the meantime I will continue to do this.......... [​IMG] and.............. [​IMG]..............

Patiently waiting,

2. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Keep busy....? Let's see, you can clean your floor base and window trims. Who am I kidding! get a book till it warms up or chat with the BYC'ers:weee

3. Hackles

Hackles Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    I too Suffer from this predicament, My shipped egg's are on hold until it warms up some, I Love to fly fish, and I wish spring would hurry up and get here.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  4. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    [​IMG] i've already cleaned the '''' everything, even the vents! this makes me want to move hawaii

5. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh dear, I am so ready to throw in the towel on winter. Gessh, 1 degree inside the Bantam hutch this morning and it royally stinks to go outside, not only nose freezing shut, but you can feel the skin on your face cracking before you even get to the chicken coop. I even see where the wild turkeys are hanging around inside our woodshed, garage and even on the doorstep! Now that is some kinda cold, lol.
    I want to begin hatching birds, first build a incubator, and then have WARM weather [​IMG] will it ever happen? Is there hope? [​IMG] February we can begin starting the pepper plants [​IMG] and that means that if we can hang on 1 more month...perhaps the sun will shine a bit more, creating solar heat (sun in windows solar- wish it was real solar heat...)
    [​IMG] in the mean time we can complain! Soon there will be black flies up our noses [​IMG]

6. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    At least I get to have good views out of my window. We have 4-9 more inches on the way for tomorrow. SIGH.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    I'm going crazy too!!!! Come on Summer time [​IMG]
    I was starting to feel bad about being on the computer so much but gosh what else is there to do. [​IMG]

8. granmahen

granmahen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Bakersfield, CA
    Beautiful pictures. I feel bad now for complaining about cold, gray, drippy valley fog. My hands might feel frozen but I don't know how you all raise chickens in the snow. Hats off to you.

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I AM, I AM! It's been miserable. I'm already planning out my hatching schedule, when my TWO shipments of birds are arriving, PLUS my sister is picking up my HOLDERREAD'S order for me in May and have 6 or so tractors to complete come spring time. For once, I have to agree with hubby that a shop would be nice! [​IMG]

10. junebug7334

junebug7334 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    .............nope! I am SO ready for spring!!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by