Am i the only one...?

Tanichca

Sparkle Magnet
May 6, 2009
Akron, Ohio
Who can sex her silkie chicks? They are high quality, purebred birds, about a month and a half old. And i can tell the boys from the girls by the size! I noticed that the boys (and ive raised silkie chicks before, so i have tried this out and it WORKS) have broader chests and the females have a slimmer line. Weird, huh?

Quote:
x2! When I try to help people with it in the What Breed or Gender Is This? section, I never can! Unless some are obvious roos. Tanicha, that is interesting! Thanks for the info. Didn't notice that.

Quote:
x2! When I try to help people with it in the What Breed or Gender Is This? section, I never can! Unless some are obvious roos. Tanicha, that is interesting! Thanks for the info. Didn't notice that.

haha my dads a scientist, so he tought us all to observe things.

.... I should probably start a thread with the subject "Am I the only one who CANNOT sex chicks?"

I'm actually pleased when a little cockerel crows in the brooder, because that shortens the amount of time I am clueless about such things. It's bad. I try to guess, but I just don't have any confidence in it.

Course, I would be hatching things like Sebrights, and call ducklings, and bantam cochins and EEs and Orpingtons.

Back
Top Bottom