Ameracauna???

Idk why picture didn't load but here it isView attachment 1295594

How odd. I think Polish can be ruled out. There would be at least some crest showing. That leaves Ameraucana and Faverolles, both of which have beards. And this bird does not have a beard. It doesn't have the pea comb of Ameraucanas nor the fifth toe and feathered legs of Faverolles. My guess is that perhaps a rambling rooster made a stealth visit to one of the Faverolles or Ameraucana hens. Or else a rambling hen paid a visit and took off after leaving an egg. Or the breeder brought in a chick or egg from elsewhere and forgot. Because the only feature of the three breeds listed is white legs, like Faverolles. Otherwise, nothing. Were the Ameraucanas pure or just Easter eggers?

Her ameracaunas are pure, I have gotten those from her in the past and they are all to standard. Her birds all have different runs for different breeds. It's so weird She doesn't even have a it'd that looks like that. Lol. I've never seen any stray roosters either running around.

Her ameracaunas are pure, I have gotten those from her in the past and they are all to standard. Her birds all have different runs for different breeds. It's so weird She doesn't even have a it'd that looks like that. Lol. I've never seen any stray roosters either running around.
Hmmm. It's a mystery. But maybe as the bird gets older it will give more clues as to what it is. At least it looks like it's a pullet.

Ameracaunas are a hybrid, as I understand hybrids, and will produce chicks that look like this, it is an EE. All I have seen do this, I get many colours of birds from so called full bloods. I get chicks that show white leghorn and RIR, and some that show the araucana side. Comments I get are lovely birds!

Ameracaunas are a hybrid, as I understand hybrids, and will produce chicks that look like this, it is an EE. All I have seen do this, I get many colours of birds from so called full bloods. I get chicks that show white leghorn and RIR, and some that show the araucana side. Comments I get are lovely birds!

No, Ameracuanas are a breed, with a breed standard and specifics on colors, look etc. EEs tend to be a hybrid, although hatcheries tend to breed their EEs to each other pretty much making them an unrecognized breed as well.

Ameracuanas are a breed, ok then tell me this, why is that each and every time I get eggs to hatch from those that tell me "I got them from ____ hatchery" and "they are full bloods". Then I hatch said eggs and every time get EEs. Maybe a few look true, the rest of each of these hatches has produced birds that look RIR and white leghorn?
I also see these hatchery's subbing RIR and production reds. So maybe these folks actually got EEs and were told they bought Ameracuanas,,,,and who would know unless they are breeding,,,

Back
Top Bottom