Ameraucana Chicks— Color Guesses

Marleeschicks

Chirping
May 28, 2023
Hi guys!
So I was so fortunate to get connected with one of the few breeders with Ermine true ameraucana. This is a project color so I got a few other colors from the hatch. I have a photo of my babies with my 2 ermines, a chocolate and then the 2 in question. Was thinking possibly white (as those actually hatch a smoky grey) and the black may have some mottling. Only time will tell but I was wondering if any of u had any chicks of this breed in similar coloring and could give me some thoughts :)
The grey ish one that we think may be white— seems to pale a beak to end up blue or lavender. But could be wrong. Any input ?! Would love to have a white ameraucana .. given it’s a pullet lol.
Also just have to show off my adorable babies 😍

Attachments

• IMG_4973.jpeg
    IMG_4973.jpeg
    726 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4974.jpeg
    IMG_4974.jpeg
    730 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4955.jpeg
    IMG_4955.jpeg
    591 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4665.jpeg
    IMG_4665.jpeg
    314.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4674.jpeg
    IMG_4674.jpeg
    389.4 KB · Views: 32
Since they are project chicks, they may not conform exactly to any specific color. But to me the paler chick looks to be either splash or white, and the darker chick either black or mottled. Time will tell. They are cute chicks.

Since they are project chicks, they may not conform exactly to any specific color. But to me the paler chick looks to be either splash or white, and the darker chick either black or mottled. Time will tell. They are cute chicks.
I just love having unique new colors with all the ameraucana cuteness. Can’t wait to see these ermine grow out. 😍
I will keep updated.

Hi guys!
So I was so fortunate to get connected with one of the few breeders with Ermine true ameraucana. This is a project color so I got a few other colors from the hatch. I have a photo of my babies with my 2 ermines, a chocolate and then the 2 in question. Was thinking possibly white (as those actually hatch a smoky grey) and the black may have some mottling. Only time will tell but I was wondering if any of u had any chicks of this breed in similar coloring and could give me some thoughts :)
The grey ish one that we think may be white— seems to pale a beak to end up blue or lavender. But could be wrong. Any input ?! Would love to have a white ameraucana .. given it’s a pullet lol.
Also just have to show off my adorable babies 😍
I'm sure you have figured out what color everyone is by now. Yours were not whites, as white Ameraucanas are yellow when young. Please let us know what you got! And if you can, include some photos. I am so curious!

Back
Top Bottom