Ameraucana / EE is she a he?

mj_n_peeps

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 21, 2010
Upper Montgomery County
First time chicken mama and loving it! However I have a 9 week old Ameraucana, I think EE is the more appropriate "breed", that I think may be a roo. It's much more erect, it's pea comb is very pink and pronounced, little to no saddle feathers and the tail is not as full as my other Ameraucana/EE. I posted a pic of the bird in question.

Can anyone help me determine the gender?

Thanks a bunch and thanks for this site!

54956_tuffy_1.jpeg

54956_tuffy2.jpeg

EE, and I want to say he is a boy, since his coloring is kinda patchy, but I don't SEE saddle or hackle feathers..... If he were mine, I'd say boy. Absolutely gorgeous! Probably one of the most gorgeous birds I've seen.. I'd hold on to him if I were you, my mom just came over and practically drooled over him..
droolin.gif

Last edited:
Its sure purdy whatever he/she is.

I would go out on a limb only because of the many different colors especially colored on the wings and say Roo?? but then again the head color is that of most pullets?? hmmmmmm

Called the shop I purchsed her/him through and they are thinking roo too. Thanks for the compliments and the validation. Didn't want a roo, but his good looks may let him stay with the rest of the group!

Back
Top Bottom