Ameraucana Hen?

danrhodes

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 13, 2013
Got this sweet girl (?) from someone who bought 3 chicks and by the end only had one which was being fed fruit scraps because the ran out of chick food.

vC6EH1L.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191023_115246.jpg
    IMG_20191023_115246.jpg
    910.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20191023_115246.jpg
    IMG_20191023_115246.jpg
    910.4 KB · Views: 5
You are her hero! She is lucky you rescued her. She is also very nice looking.

The lady that had her tried her best but just didn't have a coop or free time to take care of them. She has a nice home now, but is separate from the big girls until she can hold her own...does anyone else think we should try to find another her age so he has a partner against the old ladies?

The lady that had her tried her best but just didn't have a coop or free time to take care of them. She has a nice home now, but is separate from the big girls until she can hold her own...does anyone else think we should try to find another her age so he has a partner against the old ladies?
Having a friend would be ideal when it comes to introducing her to the flock.

Never hurts to have more chickens. Lol. But, if you have pretty mellow hens she may be ok. On the otherhand, she may be lonely. If she gets a friend or two now she would probably be happier.

Since this is getting some views, when would you introduce this girl to the others? She is in the run now, but separated and we put her in the coop at night, also separated. The few times she's gotten out, she's been chased pretty good and we have to rescue her. We think she's 2-3 months old.

I found, with the batch of babies I had last spring, that keeping them side by side and in sight of eachother for a couple of weeks made the transition easier. Then again, there were three of them. I'd get your girl a friend sooner than later, and then when you transition the pair in with the rest of the flock, she won't be the only target. It makes life easier on the newbies.

Back
Top Bottom