Ameraucana Projects Thread

I am also working a barred lavender, I have my lavender roo over a barred rock hen, the babies I hatched were sex linked, i got two boys and one girl. The boys have nice barring and the girl is just starting to bar up. I will try to get some pictures later.

I am also working a barred lavender, I have my lavender roo over a barred rock hen, the babies I hatched were sex linked, i got two boys and one girl. The boys have nice barring and the girl is just starting to bar up. I will try to get some pictures later.
There are a few other people working on this, if you need some eggs to help diversify let us know ;)

Okay I will. I have barred rocks in two different lines. Im also working on sex linked RIR over barred rock girls, since both are good layers and I have people in my neighborhood who only want either boys or girls.

OK< I was working on my buff Ameraucana project (buff Meredith hens x Pips & Peeps wheaten rooster) to improve egg color (they lay green) and hatched mostly solid buff pullets (All roosters had khaki markings) but one of the pullets has a khaki tail and darker pigment on her face. Well I decided to hatch eggs from this off colored pullet x my blue wheaten rooster and . . SURPRISE, I hatched out 3 CHOCOLATE chicks
ep.gif
I have no idea how that happened! Now I have the chocolate bug! I am anxious to see if they feather in solid chocolate.

Here are the 3 chocolate chicks from the buff x wheaten x blue wheaten rooster and one solid buff from chick from the buff x wheaten cross.

OK< I was working on my buff Ameraucana project (buff Meredith hens x Pips & Peeps wheaten rooster) to improve egg color (they lay green) and hatched mostly solid buff pullets (All roosters had khaki markings) but one of the pullets has a khaki tail and darker pigment on her face. Well I decided to hatch eggs from this off colored pullet x my blue wheaten rooster and . . SURPRISE, I hatched out 3 CHOCOLATE chicks
ep.gif
I have no idea how that happened! Now I have the chocolate bug! I am anxious to see if they feather in solid chocolate.

Here are the 3 chocolate chicks from the buff x wheaten x blue wheaten rooster and one solid buff from chick from the buff x wheaten cross.

Do it again, and if you get more chocolates, then I want some eggs.

I have hatched lots of chicks that look like that out of my marans- they end up looking gold laced blue or black.
Very pretty chicks!
Oh I'm sure they will probably have some other color pop up, but for now their wing feathers are solid chocolate. On my laced birds I usually see lacing on the wings first. Should be interesting to see what color they feather in.

Back
Top Bottom