Ameraucana Projects Thread

Here are the eggs.3 pullets 3 eggs.Sooo lucky the best pullet lays the blue green one.
woot.gif

Here is a recent pic of the light phase cockerel in the barred/cuckoo project.Solid colored feathers indicates one barring gene.Makes a wild color.I will try to get a pic of the barred with slate legs tomorrow.

Ok here is a pic of my barred cockerel taken today.6 months old and still has slate legs.Other barred cockerel I have turned to spotted by 6 months.A few dark spots on outer layer of skin but still slate on inner layer of skin.Single comb and a few solid feathers which means one copy of barring.Thinking of putting him over some black hens and the one barred hen with slate legs.

Here is a pic of the laced project birds taken today.The silver cockerel is actually split for silver and gold.Thinking of using him on some black hens to produce silver and gold.The black hens have a busy schedule this year producing barred,laced,blue and lav splits.

Looking good!!!! Progress!!!

Here's my little girls, the boy I kept was broody-raised and I cannot get within 50 feet of him with the camera.

I gave away my big lav cuckoo rooster last week. He was carrying silver duckwing and passing it on quite freely. Pretty, but we had enough of that. When these pullets start laying I will have the new lav cuckoo roo over them and several solid lav and black hens.

I am wondering if having the silver genes had anything to do with it. What do you think? Or is it just because she's a girl and single factor? She is so light in color, you'd almost think she was double barred if you saw her in person. .

I am wondering if having the silver genes had anything to do with it. What do you think? Or is it just because she's a girl and single factor? She is so light in color, you'd almost think she was double barred if you saw her in person. .
Color is a factor but I havent seen any effect from silver.Most likely a random combination of genes.I seen pics of mottled on colors other than black with slate legs.My first clue that slate legs with barring was possible were pics of barred olive eggers with slate legs.It is said there is a linkage of genes that must be broken for this to happen.Keep breeding from the ones with slate legs and the right combo should stabilize.

Back
Top Bottom