Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga. to WhiteMountainsRanch he's pretty. Good Luck with him. [​IMG]

2. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Quote:lol intuition? lol I have no idea. You know when you are pregnant you just "have a feeling" what sex your baby is? Was hoping maybe it worked the same way with hatching chicks. [​IMG]

<---- my avatar was my first Ameraucana to hatch - and I was just as excited as you are to see him pop out of the egg. And I knew the minute he came out of the egg that he was a he. (Named him Leonardo da Vinci) He is now 12 weeks old and crowing.

Congratulations on your babies!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:Really nice shape to him- especailly for that age. Sometimes when you have multiple roos it delays development a bit. I think his hackles are the only issue- too yellow and stripey. Pretty as it may be....

Congrats on the chick(s!) Christie!!!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  4. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Quote:
    The pullet that laid this is actually from Cpartist. (The ones in my Avatar) My Wayne Meredith chicks are roughly a month and a half behind these guys. I too was surprised the WM eggs weren't darker/ bluer. I was really happy with Luanne's egg color. [​IMG]

Here are her eggs in my 'bator: very happy with them!

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff479/WhiteMountainsRanch/SAM_3949.jpg

Boy how I would love to have those eggs from cparist; unfortunately, her auctions go way beyond my budget. Would love to see the baby pics when they hatch. [​IMG]

5. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Quote:Really nice shape to him- especailly for that age. Sometimes when you have multiple roos it delays development a bit. I think his hackles are the only issue- too yellow and stripey. Pretty as it may be....

Yeah I agree, I've noticed that the roos aren't mating yet... I do see them dance and call for treats but no actual mating yet. That's fine for me if they want to wait a bit, they are sweeter before they start... lol.

Well I went out and looked and out of the Wheatens he is the best looking and they all pretty much have hackling like his. The Blue Wheatens are too young to tell yet.

I do have one that doesn't have striping but he has pink legs. [​IMG] Which is easier to breed out? LOL! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is the pink legged guy, Blue #3, I love this roo... SOOO friendly and FULL of personality!!!

6. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN

Yeah I agree, I've noticed that the roos aren't mating yet... I do see them dance and call for treats but no actual mating yet. That's fine for me if they want to wait a bit, they are sweeter before they start... lol.

Well I went out and looked and out of the Wheatens he is the best looking and they all pretty much have hackling like his. The Blue Wheatens are too young to tell yet.

I do have one that doesn't have striping but he has pink legs. [​IMG] Which is easier to breed out? LOL! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff479/WhiteMountainsRanch/SAM_1531.jpg
    Here is the pink legged guy, Blue #3, I love this roo... SOOO friendly and FULL of personality!!!

Ooooh he's pretty! Odd about the legs! At least they aren't yellow. I would give him a try anyway.

7. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Quote:He's gorgeous~ Lets hope he gets more white in the muff I love roosters with that whiteish cream muff

8. WhiteMountainsRanch

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Quote:Yeah I agree, I've noticed that the roos aren't mating yet... I do see them dance and call for treats but no actual mating yet. That's fine for me if they want to wait a bit, they are sweeter before they start... lol.

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff479/WhiteMountainsRanch/SAM_1531.jpg

Ooooh he's pretty! Odd about the legs! At least they aren't yellow. I would give him a try anyway.

I have five to choose from maybe I should just post them all and let you guys pick!!! [​IMG]

9. WhiteMountainsRanch

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Quote:He's gorgeous~ Lets hope he gets more white in the muff I love roosters with that whiteish cream muff

Pleas correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they are SUPPOSED to be black. [​IMG]

10. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN

Pleas correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they are SUPPOSED to be black. [​IMG]

Right- the less white the better. I have a hard time attaining this in my BW, but I have had some wheatens with all black beards. I think the solid black is kinda scary looking though [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by