Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
No it is not normal and it is pretty bad. Generally leakage on most ameraucanas I have seen is very minimal, but it is still not good. The comb on your black bird seems very large too for a pure bird.

pips&peeps :

Quote:
No it is not normal and it is pretty bad. Generally leakage on most ameraucanas I have seen is very minimal, but it is still not good. The comb on your black bird seems very large too for a pure bird.

Ok, i wasn't sure about him since i got him from someone. Thanks, so is it not a good idea to breed my blue pair?​

For anybody that asked: "Orp-y" = Orpington-like in shape, size and soft feathering. Anyone that raises the lavenders will tell you that even the personality of the Orps shows up in this variety. The 2 breeds have different standards, and just because you have a lavender bird doesn't mean you're there. They need lots of work.

BTW- anybody looking for wheaten chicks in the SE TN/N GA area can email me. Can't decide if I should set more eggs or not.
hmm.png

I have Ribbeck/Tailfeathers/Meredith/Peachick hens under a clear- hackled Pips&Peeps BW roo.

I'm really happy with how the egg color has held true with the younger girls this year.
28521_100_4919.jpg

pips&peeps :

Quote:
John's lines do not have orpington in them to my knowledge.

Did he use d'anvers? I don't have any Blehm birds, but my Shaffer and Smith birds are a little on the big and fluffy, broody side. Maybe some of the personality will rub off on the stupid black hen I have. What a spaz.​

Quote:
Hello HappyMtn, I just visited your lil blog here at BYC. It was a cute pleasure to read, thank you. I too hail from C-town
thumbsup.gif
and have been here a ilttle over 1.5 years. My new dh and I just purchased some land and are working toward living there early Fall. I am so excited so I related to how your felt and what you wrote.

Namaste,

Lyric

ETA: Way cool egg holders. Where did ya find such a thing, please? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello! I've spent quite a few days looking at all these beautiful birds on this thread after having to get rid of our brown/red rooster
sad.png

I have a question:
What do the coloring abbreviations refer to, particularlly BBS...

Also, does anyone have started pullets available for sale who is willing to ship? Please contact me!
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom