1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. SteveH

SteveH Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    West/Central IL
    Quote:If I really liked a black with silver leakage, I might be tempted to use him on some Silver Ameraucana hens to create some splits........................ but I think you said the black has gold leakage, and some other problems are apparent that would cause me to question if he's even pure Ameraucana. As Jean stated, any leakage on blues or blacks is not good. You might just want to peek at the soles of the blue cockeral's feet, if they're yellow he isn't an Ameraucana. Regardless, IMO, there's just too many good black or blue Ameraucana males available to consider useing one with even minimal leakage to breed.

2. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Quote:If I really liked a black with silver leakage, I might be tempted to use him on some Silver Ameraucana hens to create some splits........................ but I think you said the black has gold leakage, and some other problems are apparent that would cause me to question if he's even pure Ameraucana. As Jean stated, any leakage on blues or blacks is not good. You might just want to peek at the soles of the blue cockeral's feet, if they're yellow he isn't an Ameraucana. Regardless, IMO, there's just too many good black or blue Ameraucana males available to consider useing one with even minimal leakage to breed.

Thanks, the soles of my blues feet are white not yellow. I dont have a separate coop so im guessing my ams program is out the window.

3. BovieVei

BovieVei Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2011
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Quote:Thanks for the help [​IMG]

4. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    went for a lil drive to North Georgia this weekend... visited with my buddy, L.R. Garner (Randy) he gave me some more birds...

here are some pics thought I would share.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

they all made it back to Gator Country, 450 miles...

5. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow beautiful pics [​IMG]

6. 1000islandspoultry

1000islandspoultry Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    I love that coop! What a great, functional design...and it looks cute too!

7. ParadiseFoundFarm

ParadiseFoundFarm Goddess of Good Things

Jul 6, 2010
    Joliet, IL
    Wow! [​IMG]
    Beautiful photography and an even more beautiful subject.
    That farm is the tops! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:[​IMG] Drop dead gorgeous! [​IMG]

~ Aspen

9. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    thank you All,

Mr. & Mrs. Garner did all the hard work... very nice place. Very lucky to have met them and set foot on their place, raised the bar for me.

I just pushed the button on the camera, good lil camera [​IMG]

had a great Ameraucana and then Wheaten Ameraucana talk too, head still spinning...

will pass on the nice comments, thanks! [​IMG]

10. livin-green

livin-green Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Clay, Alabama
    model_A....Can you post some photos of the birds, too? It's good to see they have a nice clean set-up, but I'd love to see photos of the birds. N GA isn't too far away from me or a buy/trade visit! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by