Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
the one on the right looks like a pullet to me, the one on the left I am not so sure about(looks a little wider), it's so hard to not see in person....at least for me
hu.gif

woot.gif

My Ameraucanas are doing well, still as crazy as ever. I did lose an RSL pullet to the heat, I think - I want to have more chickens for layers but dunno our house situation yet, so holding off just now.

I'm with BLaBauve, it's so hard to sex these guys. I'm beginning to think I only have one hopeful pullet out of my 5 blues. I've pictured them with my friends EE for comparison. The blues are 7 weeks and the EE is 8. My wheaton's combs look just like the EE, narrow at the top with a single ridge. But I swear someone posted a hen with 3 rows. Do some hens have "lumpier" combs than others? Really hoping
fl.gif
Because all but one of mine have 3 rows. (I've got 2 pretty obvious roos) It seems each day another comb goes pink too
hit.gif

94488_dscn3832.jpg

94488_dscn3827.jpg

94488_dscn3828.jpg

94488_dscn3831.jpg

94488_dscn3833.jpg

They're in a temporary daytime run under the trees while we build the permanent run, so don't worry about the chicken wire
hide.gif
. They're inside at night
smile.png

Quote:
excellent WMR!, do we know which Rooski made the final cut of the "bachelorettes"? was it #4?
smile.png

I am excited for ya, like the way you do your thing, congrats!

Back
Top Bottom