Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:the one on the right looks like a pullet to me, the one on the left I am not so sure about(looks a little wider), it's so hard to not see in person....at least for me [​IMG]

2. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    It's a super happy Ameraucana filled day! I got my new bantam black chicks from Pips & Peeps, and I have LF eggs coming from Cloverleaf Farm coming soon!!! Yay me!!! [​IMG]

3. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    [​IMG]

My Ameraucanas are doing well, still as crazy as ever. I did lose an RSL pullet to the heat, I think - I want to have more chickens for layers but dunno our house situation yet, so holding off just now.

4. chickee

chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Congratulations! Lucky you! Good thing you were quick because I had my eye on those [​IMG] I want to see some pictures!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  5. ByN8ureHomstead

ByN8ureHomstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:For me I need a better (closer) photo of the comb to give a better guess. My guess from left to right boy girl girl.

6. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:Yep, they're on their way!!!! [​IMG]

7. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I set 8 of my own Wheaties on the 21st and ALL are developing!!! YAY! [​IMG]

8. cpartist

cpartist Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    Alachua County FL
    Quote:[​IMG] How cool is that! Hatching and selecting from your own birds is informative, educational and awesome!! [​IMG]

9. Haunted Chicken

Haunted Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Oregon
    I'm with BLaBauve, it's so hard to sex these guys. I'm beginning to think I only have one hopeful pullet out of my 5 blues. I've pictured them with my friends EE for comparison. The blues are 7 weeks and the EE is 8. My wheaton's combs look just like the EE, narrow at the top with a single ridge. But I swear someone posted a hen with 3 rows. Do some hens have "lumpier" combs than others? Really hoping [​IMG] Because all but one of mine have 3 rows. (I've got 2 pretty obvious roos) It seems each day another comb goes pink too [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They're in a temporary daytime run under the trees while we build the permanent run, so don't worry about the chicken wire [​IMG]. They're inside at night [​IMG]

10. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quote:excellent WMR!, do we know which Rooski made the final cut of the "bachelorettes"? was it #4? [​IMG]

I am excited for ya, like the way you do your thing, congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by