Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Stevin--you asked for a photo of a Silver. This is Dixie, my Silver hen that I got from Barbara Campbell about 8 years ago. Although Dixie was skittish and walked around fussing most of the time--it sounded like high-pitched laughing, btw--I thought she was one of the prettiest hens I ever had. She looks a little rough in the photo because she was starting to molt. She was definitely a "look, but don't touch" little gal and I sure miss her and her maniacal laugh.

August2009038-1.jpg

Quote:
excellent WMR!, do we know which Rooski made the final cut of the "bachelorettes"? was it #4?
smile.png

I am excited for ya, like the way you do your thing, congrats!

@ Luanne- THANK YOU!!! I'm VERY excited! I was going to wait a bit to set some, but then the first one I cracked WAS fertile, so I said what they hey, and set them! Candled and ALL are developing, pleasantly surprised!!!
lol.png

@ Model A- Thank you! I kept three males, 3, 4 and 9. I *believe* it was either 3 or 4 that is fertilizing everyone, we will have to wait and see when the babies come out!
big_smile.png

I've not posted on here in FOREVER... I've been so busy with 4H and my new internship I've barely even been on! But I just showed in our County fair, but for a county fair it is very competitve. There are two very good Ameraucana bantam breeders that show and a very very good Bantam Sumatra breeder there. We had I think 270 birds there! There were about 30 in the AOCCL class which is VERY GOOD! I showed 3 Lavenders, 2 Brown Reds, and 1 Black. All bantam. I ended up winning Res. AOCCL and the Ch. AOCCL went to an old black sumtatra cock bird. I've found that if there is a well kept sumatra in the class the judge will go for it ever time
roll.png

32413_sany2266.jpg

32413_sany2267.jpg

Here is my black pullet and the trophy. She is headed to my Lavender pen as I am getting rid of all my blues and putting my blacks in my lavender pen.

Well congratulations ! Plus I am more than thrilled for you because my black bantam Am fro Sally looks like your girl. How is your hen's personality ?

Quote:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom