Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    Stevin--you asked for a photo of a Silver. This is Dixie, my Silver hen that I got from Barbara Campbell about 8 years ago. Although Dixie was skittish and walked around fussing most of the time--it sounded like high-pitched laughing, btw--I thought she was one of the prettiest hens I ever had. She looks a little rough in the photo because she was starting to molt. She was definitely a "look, but don't touch" little gal and I sure miss her and her maniacal laugh.

[​IMG]

2. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:That is a mature hen [​IMG]

3. Haunted Chicken

Haunted Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Oregon

Thanks, I was afraid of that. I guess I'll just enjoy them until they crow.

4. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Quote:excellent WMR!, do we know which Rooski made the final cut of the "bachelorettes"? was it #4? [​IMG]

I am excited for ya, like the way you do your thing, congrats!

@ Luanne- THANK YOU!!! I'm VERY excited! I was going to wait a bit to set some, but then the first one I cracked WAS fertile, so I said what they hey, and set them! Candled and ALL are developing, pleasantly surprised!!! [​IMG]

@ Model A- Thank you! I kept three males, 3, 4 and 9. I *believe* it was either 3 or 4 that is fertilizing everyone, we will have to wait and see when the babies come out! [​IMG]

5. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    I've not posted on here in FOREVER... I've been so busy with 4H and my new internship I've barely even been on! But I just showed in our County fair, but for a county fair it is very competitve. There are two very good Ameraucana bantam breeders that show and a very very good Bantam Sumatra breeder there. We had I think 270 birds there! There were about 30 in the AOCCL class which is VERY GOOD! I showed 3 Lavenders, 2 Brown Reds, and 1 Black. All bantam. I ended up winning Res. AOCCL and the Ch. AOCCL went to an old black sumtatra cock bird. I've found that if there is a well kept sumatra in the class the judge will go for it ever time [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is my black pullet and the trophy. She is headed to my Lavender pen as I am getting rid of all my blues and putting my blacks in my lavender pen.

6. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN

Thanks, I was afraid of that. I guess I'll just enjoy them until they crow.

I haven't seen too many hens that crow.

Very nice Tyler! Congrats!

7. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] That's awesome!!!

8. Haunted Chicken

Haunted Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Oregon
    Quote:Thanks, I was afraid of that. I guess I'll just enjoy them until they crow.

I haven't seen too many hens that crow.

Huh? lol

9. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Quote:I haven't seen too many hens that crow.

Huh? lol

With her mouth open like that she looked like she's crowing. lol

10. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Well congratulations ! Plus I am more than thrilled for you because my black bantam Am fro Sally looks like your girl. How is your hen's personality ?

Quote:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by