Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
BBS birds are the ONLY ones I have ever had with "googly eyes" (usually in orps) , until I got a few in the lavender ameraucanas. Anybody know what I'm talking about? I'm not sure what you'd really call it.

Holy Cow. Just finished reading 1055 pages of this link! My wife was getting ready to stage an intervention.

I feel like I know a lot of you on this board and so my lurking days are over...LOL.

I grew up with chickens in NE Colorado and have wanted to have them again.

My story is the same as many others on this board. I started early in the spring with hatchery "Ameraucanas" and have 5 great EEs that have yet to begin laying. I have 5 Buff Orps as well from March.

Then, a few weeks ago, a gal was getting out of the "chicken business" for a while and I picked up some Wayne Merideth chicks.

I will get some pics up as gender continues to be an issue but I'm pretty sure I have a Blue wheaten roo, 2 blue pullets and one dark blue roo.

I have these birds in quarantine for another month but I hope to be able to get some photos posted.

Thanks to all who have posted. This has been a great learning curve.

Next stop is to join ABC.

Cheers,

Reed

Quote:
Ha ha- not exactly. Its more like the eyeballs are too small for the socket and you can see the fleshy stuff in the inside corners of the eyes. I don't like that- I've seen it in BBS Orps alot.

Welcome Reed! I can't wait for pics- we have a bunch of Meredith birds growing out here as well.
big_smile.png

Has any one gotten Ameracaunas from John Marshall in NC? He is an ABC member. If you have can you PM me and let me know how satisfied you were with your purchase from him. He lives literally within a mile of me and we have contacted him to get some chicks from him. Still working on actually gettting them though, he was supposed to see what he had available and call me back, but I am still waiting to here back from him. Also does anyone know if he is on BYC?

Thanks. I hope to keep learning. My 11 year old daughter is really excited. She wants to get some W/BW pullets to go with our Rooster...Tony Hawk.

Reed

Quote:
hello Reed and welcome, you spelled Ameraucana correctly, you are in the know
wink.png

similar story here, sounds like you need more Ameraucanas now, at least more hens
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom