Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I think Holly got hers from Ideal. And Sandhill has them sometimes too.

2. earth_ma

earth_ma Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2007
    North East Georgia
    Thanks everybody! and love the chick pic muggs...

3. EM Squared Farms

EM Squared Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    Anyone looking for some young Ameraucana cockerels ? (or just want to see pics ?) They were hatched this past April.

It's amazing all the color variations and beautiful feather patterns that turned out from breeding:

a blue wheaten Ameraucana rooster x blue wheaten Ameraucana hen
    and the same blue wheaten Ameraucana rooster x blue Ameraucana hen

We sold every single one of our Ameraucana hens. I guess people just love the color of their sky blue eggs. (We sure do !)

And their little muffs and beards are too cute, along with their pea combs.

Check out our website !

4. Braclin

Braclin KY Chicken Farmer

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    Quote:Hatch rate is not good. The ones that didn't get damaged in shipping made it to lockdown and didn't hatch. My other eggs did so it wasn't incubation.

I just got mine from ebay from a lady out of Georgia not sure if she is a BYC member. Great shipping lots of extras. [​IMG] that I get a good hatch!!!

5. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Quote:Hatch rate is not good. The ones that didn't get damaged in shipping made it to lockdown and didn't hatch. My other eggs did so it wasn't incubation.

I just got mine from ebay from a lady out of Georgia not sure if she is a BYC member. Great shipping lots of extras. [​IMG] that I get a good hatch!!!

I believe she got hers from peachick. She is on BYC also. I got my first ones from her and had a great hatch (5 roos 2 hens [​IMG] but what is new there!!!)

6. Noncentzter

Noncentzter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2009
    Southern Oregon Coast
    I just put 4 W/BW eggs under a broody...hopefully it'll work this time! LOL

7. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Quote:I have a BW WM roo with that EXACT same toe curleage on the exact same foot! [​IMG]

8. just2rosey

just2rosey Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    New Kent
    Is color leakage common in lavender splits? I have a young blue roo, which came from lav split stock. that has silver leakage in his hackle feathers. I also have a couple of black/lav split cockerals which have red leakage. I am just beginning my education into poultry genetics, but I wouldn't expect leakage from black and lavender unless the black color wasn't pure to begin with. I plan to cull the roos with leakage, but should I cull the pullets from the same breeder? Will they pass on the leakage even though they don't show it, or are they ok to use? Thanks for any advice.

9. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I hatched LOTS of lavenders this summer and ended up with one roo that has leakage (I think). None of the parents are showing leakage. From my experience with other breeds I can tell you it is much more common to be visible in the males. But- I would do some test breedings before you got rid of the pullets or moved them to the EE pen. The might work out fine with unrelated roosters.

10. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    OK, here it is as promised...DS's Ameraucana breed poster...it's hard to see because I had to take a pic with my phone...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by