Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
He's an Easter Egger. Lots of people, hatcheries especially, will sell "Ameraucanas" but they're actually Easter Eggers.

Quote:
Very pretty
smile.png

Quote:
It's a typical EE color, but very pretty! The females of this will look like a typey EE too - Brown and black marked. It's genetically Golden Duckwing w/Columbian, not a recognized color, but common with EE's.
smile.png

Quote:
yepp, he looks like a wheaten roo. I have a little one with the same colors coming in

Thank you
smile.png

So.... does this mean that my strange pure white sport Ameraucana rooster is carrying all the normal wheaten Ameraucana genes but somehow not able to present them in his feather color? How is that?

Am I remembering correctly that wheaten x wheaten is %100 wheaten offspring? Seems to be what I got plus the odd colored one.

Quote:
He is handsome! Looks like slate colored legs, beard and muff, pea comb and pretty good type, so it's quite possible that the person who sold him to you was meaning that he is pure Ameraucana genetically but is a cross of different feather color varieties. This as opposed to Easter Eggers that are Ameraucana crossed with some other breed. I heard a judge recently refer to the pure Ameraucanas who don't conform to the Standard color varieties as "production Ameraucanas." I kind of like it.....

Except that no Ameraucana color out there carries Columbian except Buffs, who would take about 3 generations of focused, experienced breeding to get to that color there.
wink.png

Those legs look willow to me though. My Duckwing Araucana has very similar legs, but his soles are still yellow. It's the blue and silver genes combined that lighten it up, making it appear slate.

Back
Top Bottom