Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

watership Welcome from a neighbor ! Most white Ameraucanas have recessive white gene and that is the cause of chicks being not white when born. Now I am not sure of the true action and cannot explain the genetics. As far as the general BYC flock it doesn't matter. But if you need to know the answer post under the genetic threads It is very interesting stuff but requires time to understand. Are planning on becoming a breeder ?

I don't know if you can. I don't know if that bird is lavender or not.

Generally the lavender gene is a diluter of red (gold) too. So red (salmon breast) should be diluted to a light buffy gold color.

Not like I need another project...but maybe I will put my girl in with the lavs when she starts laying just to see what we get. I would expect her chicks to be chipmunk to some degree, no?
I love the way lav dilutes red.

Looks like I will be getting Ameraucanas LF from John Blehm since his hatchery is 3 hours away and my GIRLFRIEND sent away for 25 chicks, 15 Buff and 10 his choice. I wanted just Blue and Blacks, but she leaped and we are splitting the order.

Can anyone here update me on BUFFS, what color eggs to expect and anything else about them? Don't suppose anyone actually talks to John and can get him to send us some blacks or blues on that order. She says he doesn't respond to emails, but could be her country internet connections just as well.

I appreciate any help and guess I will be signing up over at the breeders club for the membership.

Cheers all.
Bonnie

I am so excited! I just paid for my new true-blue pure-bred Wheaton Ameraucana rooster. I go pick him up on Thursday. I am getting him from Huckleberry Farms in SC, who got him from Pips and Peeps. In this picture, he hasn't finished molting out of the yellow. He is just at a year old now.

Now for a name...

I think I had better take several extra cages with me, because I know I will be soooo tempted to bring home some other little chickies...like maybe a couple of silkies, copper marans, and of course, some wheaton ameraucana chicks...

I am so excited! I just paid for my new true-blue pure-bred Wheaton Ameraucana rooster. I go pick him up on Thursday. I am getting him from Huckleberry Farms in SC, who got him from Pips and Peeps. In this picture, he hasn't finished molting out of the yellow. He is just at a year old now.

Now for a name...

I think I had better take several extra cages with me, because I know I will be soooo tempted to bring home some other little chickies...like maybe a couple of silkies, copper marans, and of course, some wheaton ameraucana chicks...

Wow!! He's really nice!!!! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom