Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Anyone want to tempt me with cute pictures of broody Ameraucana? More Ameraucana chick pictures??

I vote that this is now spring, and I want chicks now!
big_smile.png

No broodies yet. I do have a small batch in lockdown. Due Monday.

Anyone want to tempt me with cute pictures of broody Ameraucana? More Ameraucana chick pictures??

I vote that this is now spring, and I want chicks now!
big_smile.png
Mine have decided it is still too cold to lay eggs right now. I have one laying and one sporadic layer. The others are still waiting for spring.

Not Ameracuana..but a broody..

Anyone want to tempt me with cute pictures of broody Ameraucana? More Ameraucana chick pictures?? I vote that this is now spring, and I want chicks now! :D
Does this do the trick? :)
The other pictures were cute.... But, EEEEEEP! The cuteness factor just bowled me over! How did you get them to all stand in a line? Did you actually take that picture? Wow!

The other pictures were cute.... But,

EEEEEEP!

The cuteness factor just bowled me over! How did you get them to all stand in a line?

Did you actually take that picture? Wow!
Hahahaha, I am the master of chick liner uppers
lol.png
We have a counter in our dining room and I put them on it and keep pushing them back against the wall, all the while making smoochy noises to keep their attention. Once they are all, or mostly all, turned towards me, I snap the picture quick! It is a fun challenge
big_smile.png

Awww! Such cute chick pics! None here yet, but they're on their way - another couple weeks in the 'bator. Can't wait, can't wait! Candled a few today and they're looking good so far.
big_smile.png

I've been lurking for quite some time and have made it to around post #9200. I'm running out of stamina, but love, love, love this thread.

Thought I'd come out of lurking mode for a bit and share a couple pics - made it out there with the camera today even though the snow's a-flying. Hopefully we'll get better ones come springtime after they've filled out some. No broodies, yet - although a BCM was thinking about it and found a good hidey spot to boot. Too cold to stick with that business, though.

Here's Mighty:

He belongs to my youngest son and we have 16 of his babies in the incubator. He's a big boy and so, so calm and gentle.

Here's Drumstick:

He belongs to my oldest son - 8 of his babies in the incubator.

And a couple of the ladies ...

We're looking forward to setting more eggs from them for the Easter hatch-along.
jumpy.gif
I never thought I'd like chickens so much - so glad the boys chose Ameraucanas for their 4-H projects!

Back
Top Bottom