Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Awww! Such cute chick pics! None here yet, but they're on their way - another couple weeks in the 'bator. Can't wait, can't wait! Candled a few today and they're looking good so far.
big_smile.png

I've been lurking for quite some time and have made it to around post #9200. I'm running out of stamina, but love, love, love this thread.

Thought I'd come out of lurking mode for a bit and share a couple pics - made it out there with the camera today even though the snow's a-flying. Hopefully we'll get better ones come springtime after they've filled out some. No broodies, yet - although a BCM was thinking about it and found a good hidey spot to boot. Too cold to stick with that business, though.

Here's Mighty:

He belongs to my youngest son and we have 16 of his babies in the incubator. He's a big boy and so, so calm and gentle.

Here's Drumstick:

He belongs to my oldest son - 8 of his babies in the incubator.

And a couple of the ladies ...

We're looking forward to setting more eggs from them for the Easter hatch-along.
jumpy.gif
I never thought I'd like chickens so much - so glad the boys chose Ameraucanas for their 4-H projects!

Those are some "mighty" nice looking Brown Reds. I don't see them very often. ..
thumbsup.gif

See that I added I have hatching eggs if you have an incubator or maybe kmollyhughs would be up to hatching some eggs for you :)    

Thank you, I will be sure and stay in touch with you. We will be moving in the next few months Nevada to Wyoming so I am trying to keep my incubator wrapped up for a few more months (not easy for a hatch-o-holic, lol ;)) Thank you again

We have masses of black daddy long legs and they really creep me out. The masses of them pulse. Really scary. The chickens don't seem to like them.

Hi everyone, I need some expert advice. Last year I bought some hatching eggs which were suppose to be blue wheaton ameraucanas. This roo is out of that hatch. Blue wheaton or blue EE??? I need help before I decide what to do with him. Thanks for your help
smile.png
Is this a "Blue Wheaten Splash" ......... ?

lol - Thanks, @mstrawn3 and @Alaskan !
big_smile.png

Babies need to hurry up and get here - the boys and I had to pry ourselves away from the ducklings and "Americanas" at the feed store the other day.

Back
Top Bottom