Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I didn't really have the patience to read the entire thread to see if there were any answers to my question so I'll ask directly here now.
Does any one here know of a/some "Silver Ameraucana" breeder/breeders that I could contact for buying some eggs/chicks/adults from? I've been searching for these birds for years and haven't had much success in finding good quality birds. I'm not looking to buy this spring but more like next spring. I have a new breeding coop I'm putting in and it won't be ready until at least then. (if all goes well with time and money, lol!) I'm sure hoping to put some new silvers in it when it's ready, I just need to have some contacts lined up in order to make a plan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
no pur silvers but I have crele penedesenca x silver ameraucana olive eggers

I am a she lol :)
Expecting. Most EEs have yellow skin. Very few don't. I can't tell in the picture

Along this train of thought, this year's order of Ameraucana chicks came to me with positively orange feet. I don't remember any yellow/orange on my last year's order from the same breeder.

I was in a panic, showed pictures to another breeder and she said they looked like perfectly normal Ameraucana feet. Still not satisfied I emailed the breeder and he said not to worry, they would be fine. He also commented that the breeder pens were on a type of grass that produced very orangey yokes, but weren't on that grass last year. I even emailed a friend of mine who is an avian vet to ask if it was something akin to the jaundice most newborn babies get. He said chick feet colors change as they get older and that it might be from the changes of metabolism at hatching.

I just wanted to add this to the discussion so other newbies (like me!) don't panic when they see orange feet on their purebred Ameraucana chicks.

I didn't really have the patience to read the entire thread to see if there were any answers to my question so I'll ask directly here now.
Does any one here know of a/some "Silver Ameraucana" breeder/breeders that I could contact for buying some eggs/chicks/adults from? I've been searching for these birds for years and haven't had much success in finding good quality birds. I'm not looking to buy this spring but more like next spring. I have a new breeding coop I'm putting in and it won't be ready until at least then. (if all goes well with time and money, lol!) I'm sure hoping to put some new silvers in it when it's ready, I just need to have some contacts lined up in order to make a plan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Try the Ameraucana Breeders Club's Breeders Directory:

http://ameraucana.org/DnLd/BreedersDirectory.pdf

Along this train of thought, this year's order of Ameraucana chicks came to me with positively orange feet. I don't remember any yellow/orange on my last year's order from the same breeder.

I was in a panic, showed pictures to another breeder and she said they looked like perfectly normal Ameraucana feet. Still not satisfied I emailed the breeder and he said not to worry, they would be fine. He also commented that the breeder pens were on a type of grass that produced very orangey yokes, but weren't on that grass last year. I even emailed a friend of mine who is an avian vet to ask if it was something akin to the jaundice most newborn babies get. He said chick feet colors change as they get older and that it might be from the changes of metabolism at hatching.

I just wanted to add this to the discussion so other newbies (like me!) don't panic when they see orange feet on their purebred Ameraucana chicks.

Yes the pigment fills in over time

Yes the pigment fills in over time

It wasn't the unpigmented toes that worried me--last year's chicks had white toes--it was the bright orange all the way to the soles of their feet. I'm not used to looking a chicks, and might have completely missed the orangey color of last years chicks. I just wanted to put it out there for people like me who are new to the breed, that when we are talking about pink soled feet, it is in an older bird, not a baby chick.

Hey guys I just hatched three ameraucana eggs. They came from BBS. Can someone tell me what color this one is please ?

Back
Top Bottom