Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

thank you! I'm sure you guys have been asked this question a million times:) how can you tell? Would you happen to know what kind of EE?

Two things show these are EE's right away. You got them at a Feedstore, and their coloring. No purebred Ameraucana is colored like that as a chick. If you would like to check out the 8 accepted colors and learn more go to www.ameraucana.org
You will still have some beautiful birds and great egg layers!

Sorry I see you guys already got it covered! LOL!
duc.gif
thumbsup.gif
hide.gif

Last edited:

These two are our little americaunas. They are nearly 2 weeks old now.
You got yourself a couple of little Easter Eggers there, not Ameraucanas, I do believe. They should be enjoyable birds for you! Did you get them at the farm store?

Just noticed you're new here. Welcome to BYC!

Last edited:
They were sold as "americauna". I have read that americauna and EE are similar.
How can you tell they are EE? I have seen in another thread someone who has identical chicks and she called the americauna.

They were sold as "americauna". I have read that americauna and EE are similar.
How can you tell they are EE? I have seen in another thread someone who has identical chicks and she called the americauna.
compare them to these photos and you can immediately tell the difference. if they are striped they are EEs

http://www.ameraucana.org/scrapbook.html

Last edited:
I have some wheaten/bluewheaten ameraucana chicks that I need some help identifying whether they are male or female. They are about four weeks old here and I have read that you should be able to tell males from female at this age. This is my second year and batch of chicks of this variety, so I'm still not too sure which would be female or male. Anyone with experience in this color variety want to help sex these? I'm wondering if there is a splash in there also. How can you tell if a chick is a splash?

Thanks!:)

Two things show these are EE's right away. You got them at a Feedstore, and their coloring. No purebred Ameraucana is colored like that as a chick. If you would like to check out the 8 accepted colors and learn more go to www.ameraucana.org
You will still have some beautiful birds and great egg layers!

Sorry I see you guys already got it covered! LOL! :duc :thumbsup :oops:

:drool

That is one nice looking silver in your avatar!

I have some wheaten/bluewheaten ameraucana chicks that I need some help identifying whether they are male or female. They are about four weeks old here and I have read that you should be able to tell males from female at this age. This is my second year and batch of chicks of this variety, so I'm still not too sure which would be female or male. Anyone with experience in this color variety want to help sex these? I'm wondering if there is a splash in there also. How can you tell if a chick is a splash?

Thanks!:)

The top 3 are pullets and the bottom 2 are cockerels. I'm not too sure about the middle ones but I'm leaning towards pullets.

Back
Top Bottom