Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Quote:FABULOUS pictures and lovely birds! Thanks for sharing! (Great sense of humour too ... oh, and, [​IMG] )

(I'm not an expert so I won't attempt to answer your actual question! [​IMG] )

2. KKatknap

KKatknap Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Albany, OR
    Hi [​IMG]

Haven't been on in awhile, but the wonderful chicks I bought from Jean last Spring are now grownups, and I was curious to know how Wyatt looks to more experienced eyes. I absolutely LOVE him, and think he is beautiful, but I'd like to have the opinion of more critical eyes. His temperament is amazing! He's a keeper either way, but I would like to know what to look for in a 2nd roo. I'm afraid I may have several cockeral chicks to choose from in my 1st hatch of his babies! [​IMG]

Wyatt:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sharing a treat with the ladies:
    [​IMG]

3. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    Just popping on to give everyone a quick project update. After 2 years on this project I hatched my first lavender wheaten in May. He is feathering out nicely and I can't wait to move onto phase two of my project. He is very light, hope you can see the lav in the pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For more details you can go to my lav shack page on BYC. I haven't uploaded these pics on there yet, maybe later. And No I don't have eggs or chicks available at this time [​IMG]

The pictures were taken last week and since then his neck feathers are coming in creamy gold color and his legs are darkening.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  4. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Very nice!

5. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Quote:Holy cow! Congratulations!

This chick should really help you to move your project forward.

6. jsimon

jsimon Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Quote:His faults are as i see, too large of comb, not enough breast, too much black in the hackles (but all males basically have that), and the beard should be black not white.

7. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:Very cool project going on here! [​IMG]

8. KKatknap

KKatknap Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Albany, OR
    His faults are as i see, too large of comb, not enough breast, too much black in the hackles (but all males basically have that), and the beard should be black not white.

Thanks for the reply. I had wondered about the beard...he's only a year old, will it grow in black still? Or should it be black by now? I also wondered about the hackles, because I had seen someone refer to that, but I haven't seen one without it, so I wasn't sure what to look for.​

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Just had to share my beautiful little blue Ameraucana [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. dldolan

dldolan WineNChooks

Aug 11, 2010
    Sonoma County, CA
    Quote:Lovely!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by