Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. SteveH

SteveH Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    West/Central IL
    I wonder which thread I posted thses pics on earlier? [​IMG] Oh well, here they are again.

This chick was hatched last week, I thought as a proper recessive white, but I see it has the same pattern. It's hard to see because it's a bright white {silver?} over the greyish white.

[​IMG]

Here's one from the first hatch back in May. It hatched colored between the two extreems of blue and white patterned chicks posted before this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. phoneman

phoneman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    sumter s.c.
    Quote:i went to gary rameys house yesterday. i bought 9 w,bl wheaton hens and 2 roosters 1 blue and 1 wheaton also 6 black hens and 1 rooster, 3 blue hens and 1 blue rooster, and 1 splash hen and rooster all ameraucanas. he did not have any buffs to sell yet. i will have to weight on them later

3. chickee

chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I Love him! VERY nice! [​IMG] He reminds me of my 9 wk old buff rooster from Pips&Peeps that is out of a Ramey rooster.

4. SteveH

SteveH Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    West/Central IL
    Quote:i went to gary rameys house yesterday. i bought 9 w,bl wheaton hens and 2 roosters 1 blue and 1 wheaton also 6 black hens and 1 rooster, 3 blue hens and 1 blue rooster, and 1 splash hen and rooster all ameraucanas. he did not have any buffs to sell yet. i will have to weight on them later

[​IMG]

5. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN

I ended up with one wheaten pullet and 4 buff roos from his eggs. I ordered more eggs but I had 0 hatch. Having an awful time this year with humidity and sticky chicks. I don't know if its my house or the weather or both.....[​IMG] How far is he from Greenville? We are switching to the Shriner's hospital there and maybe I can pay him a visit....

I have some of Marqueseilla (sp?) ( Sue Osio's) BW eggs and some of her amazing marans due in a week. I put 1/2 under a broody in hopes to improve the hatch rate.

6. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I am SO super excited!!! I have a pair of black bantam Ameraucanas on thier way tomorrow!!!! [​IMG]

Now if I could only find some really nice quality bantam whites.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  7. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    [​IMG]
    How does it go? 2 bantams = 1 LF chicken? Goody...[​IMG]
    My Ameraucanas are on their 6th week and so far only one has a pink peacomb. I hope this means good news...When should I be able to tell which ones are girls/boys (before they start crowing/laying, of course), Tricia?

8. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Quote:I am so bad at that it isnt even funny! It takes me forever to be able to tell. Sorry. [​IMG]

9. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    Ah well...Doesn't hurt to try asking even though I figured that they are notoriously hard to sex. But I'm just going to get attached to the boys, like I always do, and then I have to give them away. The one I know for sure is a roo was defending his (I hope) sisters from my bigger chickens. I put them in their own cage inside the big girls' coop, and he was trying to make himself look big and pecking at my Marans pullet, and she's 13 weeks old!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  10. phoneman

phoneman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    sumter s.c.

I ended up with one wheaten pullet and 4 buff roos from his eggs. I ordered more eggs but I had 0 hatch. Having an awful time this year with humidity and sticky chicks. I don't know if its my house or the weather or both.....[​IMG] How far is he from Greenville? We are switching to the Shriner's hospital there and maybe I can pay him a visit....

I have some of Marqueseilla (sp?) ( Sue Osio's) BW eggs and some of her amazing marans due in a week. I put 1/2 under a broody in hopes to improve the hatch rate.

he is about2.5 hrs. from greenville s.c.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by